U 18s win again - Newcastle

Newcastle were put to the sword yesterday. I saw a very equal first half where the score was 0-0, Wednesday were able to score twice in second half through Meir and Modest. I am very excited by the progress the U18s and academy in general are making. Newcastle I was told by a bloke watching from Manchester are a much bigger club and have greater funds avbailable to bring in youngsters from all over the world. Wednesday are not just competing on an unlevel playing field but in most games this season dominating and taking the points . We have got some big lads in defence and upfront which are making the U18s a strong unit. I would not be surprised to see a few of these lads make the first team in the not too distant future.

Edited by SheffieldGraduate

Newcastle were put to the sword yesterday. I saw a very equal first half where the score was 0-0, Wednesday were able to score twice in second half through Meir and Modest. Very exciting the progress the U18s are making. Newcastle have much more funds avbailable and Wednesday are just competing but in most games dominating. We have got some big lads in defence and upfront. I would not be surprised to see some of these lads make the first team in the not too distant future.

Very good, any outstanding players ?

I certainly think that there are few players who with good luck could well play first team football in the future. Very athletic team who broke quickly and defended all ove the pitch.

We are short of pace in the first team. I know we've got plenty of strikers, but it much be tempting to give Modest a run out