Watching the pigs game from abroad

Guest MrMeadows

Guest MrMeadows

Desperate to watch us batter the pigs next month. Currently living in Cambodia, i've been able to watch us play a few times when we've been on sky, but don't this the pigs game is on sky this time? failing that, occasionally been able to watch streams on bet365.com so thinking of going to Bangkok so I can stream it quickly, but again I think they might only put it on that site if its on sky. anyone got any ideas of any other site that I can access internationally that might show it? any wednesday fans in Bangkok on this, and know how to get to see it? I really hate those pigs.

Without wanting to totally hijack the thread (and assuming you can get a connection long enough to log back onto Owlstalk over there), where abouts in Cambodia are you just out of pure curiosity?

I think you'll do well to find a way to watch it. I remember spending $3 to sit in a Siem Reap internet cafe and constantly refresh the BBC live text commentry of our game at Bumhole Lane last season whilst everyone else was out on the lash down Pub Street! The tension of the last few minutes almost killed me :biggrin:

Desperate to watch us batter the pigs next month. Currently living in Cambodia, i've been able to watch us play a few times when we've been on sky, but don't this the pigs game is on sky this time? failing that, occasionally been able to watch streams on bet365.com so thinking of going to Bangkok so I can stream it quickly, but again I think they might only put it on that site if its on sky. anyone got any ideas of any other site that I can access internationally that might show it? any wednesday fans in Bangkok on this, and know how to get to see it? I really hate those pigs.

Where abouts in Cambodia do you live? I have good friends who live in Sihanoukville.

Where abouts in Cambodia do you live? I have good friends who live in Sihanoukville.

Oi, join the queue, I asked first :biggrin:

And if your friends ever need any help running their bar/restaurant/guesthouse (there's not many other forms of income in Sihanoukville is there?!) then you tell them to let me know.

Guest MrMeadows

Living in Phnom Penh, been here 2 years. Couple of bars here get satellite feeds from South Africa with sky games on, but the last derby sat in an internet cafe at 2am trying to stream it on the slow internet here, occasionally getting 10 seconds of footage which was generally of pigs celebrating. it was poo , don't fancy that again but no point travelling to bangkok cause if it's not on sky unlikely to be on the net unless anyone knows different? looks like it'll have to be the radio. serves me right for moving away from sheffield to live somewhere picturesque, cheap, friendly, warm all year round, 2 hours from tropical beaches, 50p beers, 35 public holidays a year and zero understanding of what constitutes a full working day.. now i am paying hard for that foolish decision. any owls this way give us a shout i'll put on a bbq for the match and stick the commentary on the net.