THE SEMEDO DAY MEGATHREAD

post-4683-0-11828300-1352742217_thumb.jp

SEMEDO DAY

Saturday 17th November 2012

Jose Semedo Day Links

Jose Semedo Day Facebook Event - http://www.facebook.com/events/462214597156612/

Semedo Day Information

There will be 2800 Jose Semedo masks handed out on the day and a number of Portugal flags that have been all donated by Sheffield Wednesday fans. These are over and above what we need fans to do and so we need you to bring your own scarves, masks, inflatables, flags and anything else that can make this the biggest and best away day party EVER

Mask distribution point will be between the steward checks and the turnstiles just as you go in

There will also be some masks handed out on the coaches setting off from Hillsborough but the plan is to get as many Semedo masks on the away end as poss hence handing them out at the turnstiles.

As there are 2800 masks and 4300 away fans it will be first come first served so note that if you are planning on staying in the boozer till just before kick off etc then it would make sense to make your own masks as they'll probably be all gone by the time you get to the turnstiles

When should I put my mask on ?

As soon as you get in the away end ! The idea is to have 2800 Semedo's looking out onto the pitch during warm up, and at kick off - accompanied by Jose Semedo's 'He's magic you know' non stop

What should I bring with me ?

Anything Semedo or Portugal related - Portugal flags are very popular and loads of fans have been buying them (as a result - Sports Soccer have sold out !), but anything else with dark green and burgundy like balloons, any portugal scarves, shirts etc, and inflatables (inflatables can be anything from sheep to beach balls)

Should I take photos or videos ?

YES !!! This is as important as coming to the match ready to party. The day will be a million times better if we have a million photos and videos to watch of the event. This isn't just of fans on the terraces either. We need pics of you on the run up to the game (this week as the week goes on even), on the street in your flags, scarves, masks, or in shops buying toilet roll, in the boozer singing away, at the petrol station on the way to the game, in the cars, on the coaches - the more the merrier so TAKE LOADS - we want this to be the most photographed and filmed away day EVER

Can I buy a mask off you in advance ?

No - we're not getting them until Thursday/Friday so won't have time to sort out sales or owt - we'll be dishing them out on the coaches and at the turnstiles ready for the game - so if you want to play with a mask before then you'll need to make your own. This will also ensure the away end is full of semedo faces, and eliminate fans forgetting or wrecking their masks ahead of the event.

What happens if we let three goals in during the first five minutes ?

If we lose the game or get hammered then it's down to the Sheffield Wednesday fan mentality of being the funniest, most amazing, most stunning away support in the land. (anyone remember the conga when we were getting battered at Blackburn or the 'we're gonna win 5-4' song when 4 goals down ?

Remember - we are there to party and if the result goes against us it doesn't mean we should lose the Semedo Day party mentality. We can moan about the result another time.

Nottingham Forest Club Information

Sheffield Wednesday have been helping us set up Semedo Day and I know the staff and players are really looking forward to it

I asked our James yesterday to see if John Rutherford at SWFC could liase with Nottingham Forest to make Semedo Day as MASSIVE as possible.

Nottingham Forest have traditionally been one of the best clubs to deal with with regards to fan activities, fun and helpful stewards, and genuinely looking after us really well so I was hopeful of a decent response...

See what you think...

Flags: We don’t have much in the way of space for them to be put out. Providing they do not block any signs or cause friction I am happy for them to be brought in. The exception is surfing flags which are NOT permitted.

Masks (for fans who don't already have them from the coaches etc): We will have crowd barriers outside the turnstiles where flags and tickets will be checked before the supporters get to the turnstiles. I am happy for the masks to be handed out after this check and before the turnstiles. We can liaise with the distributer before the game if necessary but staff will have been briefed prior.

Balloons and inflatables: Providing they don’t cause a nuisance then fine. Just ask that they are not bounced around during the game to save chasing them on the pitch

In addition Musical Instruments of any kind are not allowed...

SUPERB response as always from Forest !!

And even better than that.....

They've asked for a load of masks so that their stewards and chief liason officer can wear them with us on the away end and can join in with the fun !

Many thanks to Sheffield Wednesday, John Rutherford, Our James (who looks like Henry Viii), and Nottingham Forest we're ready to go... signed, sealed and delivered.

NOW It's time for YOU..... the Sheffield Wednesday fans to spend the next week planning to eclipse Honolulu Norwich...

SEMEDO DAY - IS GOING TO BE THE BIGGEST, FUNNIEST, MOST EPIC AND BEST AWAY DAY OUT OF ALL TIME

I'll add to this thread as/when I can think of any other information needed but until then get your masks sorted, your flags, scarves, balloons, inflatables etc

The more stuff we take with us - the bigger the party !

Owlstalk Shop