Further and further adrift

Wednesday are now 7 points adrift from Safety -- and Safety has a game in hand. Remember that 6 point deduction that we couldn't make up for all season? Well its already more than that, and this present side arguably isn't as good as that one was.

Looking back over the Chansiri years, how's it going to feel slumping back into the Third Division once again?

Where are we going here guys? During the covid, every club was affected the same but Wednesday was the only one that couldn't afford to pay its players. 

Historically a top flight side, Wednesday after nine years of Chansiri would be absolutely obliterated in the Premiership. 

What does Wednesday have to show for nine years? Nine years of patriotism, nine years of unquestioned loyalty, nine years of shouting our heads off in all weathers?

Worse still, we haven't seen the top flight now since the turn of the millenium.  The century is nearly a quarter done, and we're heading the wrong way.

Do you really want to get used to this? Or is it finally time for a big, decisive, historical change at the top?

The days of multi-millionaire club owners have passed. The record transfer fee for a single player is now 200 million quid, and 20 or 30 million is commonplace. Today it's a multi-BILLIONAIRE business if you want top flight football.

Thankfully there are TWO AND A HALF THOUSAND billionaires in the world. Don't tell me that not one of them would be interested in running a soccer club like ours.

Just never get it right with the owners do we, one finally comes along with a few bob and it still goes wrong. The Yorkshire region as a whole seems to suffer in a similar way really, the lack of success is probably detrimental to our chances of being chosen by a wealthy prospective buyer, so the cycle continues.

57 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Just never get it right with the owners do we, one finally comes along with a few bob and it still goes wrong. The Yorkshire region as a whole seems to suffer in a similar way really, the lack of success is probably detrimental to our chances of being chosen by a wealthy prospective buyer, so the cycle continues.

Hmm...I'm not too sure about that. If I were a billionaire I think I'd prefer a bottom club, so I could claim  the credit for raising them up to dizzy heights. I mean, what's the point in buying, say, Liverpool? They'll succeed if you buy them and they'll succeed if you dont -- so where's your personal achievement? The most you could claim is that you didn't send them crashing.
I'd rather buy Tranmere Rovers and stun the world by winning the Premiership.

• Like 1