Warne to Derby

Yellowbelly

Its true as far as I can tell, but I dont think it's a game changer.  He did a great job at Rotherham but the Derby job will be a different kettle of fish, higher expectations but realistically no where near as well set up as Rotherham were.  Over there he was the man in charge, and although they were known as a selling club, they were also known as a shop window, players would go there knowing that if they did well for a season they would get a money move.

At Derby it's a club thats still in quite the state, right at the start of a VERY long road to recovery, sure there is some money there, but for the next season or 2 they will be fishing for players us and Ipswich pass up because there is no way they can compete salary wise with us or the tractor mob and other relegated clubs.

I dont consider it a game changer this season, if anything he will get them moving in the right direction, but he wont be able to put his stamp on things until next season now.

He’s a good guy and good manager who knows this league but he’s not had to deal with managing a traditional big club at this level where away games take on a new challenge. Rotherham were a top side on the pitch but it wasn’t a fixture with the same attraction or atmosphere ie where the game is raised by the opposition. He still has an older and relatively thin squad. They will be up there with us but we have a better squad than Derby this season in terms of the ability to go the distance