Jamie Smith on the Owls' 1-1 draw with Bristol City

I took the trouble to watch the video and I think Jamie looked absolutely gutted and spoke pretty well under the circumstances. He assistant manager, his boss (and presumably mate) is ill with a disease millions have died from, he’s just seen the team he’s temporarily in charge of throw away a game from a winning position after squandering stacks of chances. Poor fûcker looks like he’s aged 10 years since getting this job. 
What exactly is he supposed to say other than what he did say? If DC fires DM and his team I’ll be gutted. They aren’t world class but they are here and they seem to give a shît and we ain’t going to get better. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He might have also added that we need to be both braver and to learn from previous mistakes in dropping deep when trying to hold on to a lead. The  27 points dropped from winning positions ought to have told them it doesn't work when you have a suspect defence. To drop deep against 10 men is even harder to take. 

The bloke looked like he was about to be sick in his mouth/ cry and couldn’t wait to get off the camera. Doubt he was going to say all that as well. Plus he was answering questions. Not being asked to just comment on what he though had been wrong with Sheffield Wednesday over the whole season. 

Just now, CircleSeven said:

The bloke looked like he was about to be sick in his mouth/ cry and couldn’t wait to get off the camera. Doubt he was going to say all that as well. Plus he was answering questions. Not being asked to just comment on what he though had been wrong with Sheffield Wednesday over the whole season. 

But the point is you bring in new staff to correct the mistakes that have been made all season, indeed last season as well when we actually dropped even more points from winning positions (28). Also I think it was pretty clear what was happening in terms of the team retreating and what the now almost inevitable outcome would be. The team has no heart nor brains and feebly suggesting Bristol going down to 10 men  affected us adversely, is laughable and ultimately making excuses for the players does no one any favours.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

But the point is you bring in new staff to correct the mistakes that have been made all season, indeed last season as well when we actually dropped even more points from winning positions (28). Also I think it was pretty clear what was happening in terms of the team retreating and what the now almost inevitable outcome would be. The team has no heart nor brains and feebly suggesting Bristol going down to 10 men  affected us adversely, is laughable and ultimately making excuses for the players does no one any favours.

Jamie Smith is the assistant manager. Hes standing there while answering specific questions as quickly as he can so he can get the hell out of there. There is no chance of him standing there saying we have no heart and brains even if he thinks it. Post match interviews are a contractual obligation than no one wants to do after a loss. The chance of getting anything of any insight is nil. He says some stuff so he can leave. You might say it’s laughable and you might be right but it is what it is. I watched it to see what people were slating because I know answers to why we were shîte are not going to be found in the post loss interview by the assistant manager.