Monk - Slow Learner

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

No way am I laying this at Monks door, he’s done a great job so far. These players  are as brittle as they come, we’ve seen it time and time again.  Also the red card doesn’t help matters either

Many of this squad have the ability but they go into hiding when the going gets tough. Monk can’t change their mentality in a couple of months 

Funny bielsa did at leeds...... 

Wilder did at SU 

Monk is a journeyman who ain't up to it 

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"The first ten minutes set the tone. We talk a lot we train a lot about getting a foot hold in the game and getting in their half.

Pushing on. First ten minutes especially we have to get in their half. Get them facing their goal.

We kept turning back into our half. Playing ourselves into trouble.  You get punished for it. Playing team mates into trouble going backwards. 

We've caused our own problems. It'd been self-inflicted. Our decision making. We haven't set the tone. We played ourselves into needless pressure and mistakes. Going backwards.

The red card? He's for it completely wrong. But it's the first ten minutes that's done us. Needless going backwards.  

At home that is unacceptable."

Garry Monk

------

I don't think it's Monk that's the slow learner

We've been starting games slowly all season; it's nothing new!

Like many on here I want Monk to come good and we do need to give him some time as the legacy he has inherited is poor.

But the three home defeats in a row are a major source of worry.

The OP suggests he is a slow learner and if I were SWFC Manager I would take these learnings from yesterday:

- 4-5-1 works well for us away from home but at home we need two up front

- Lee sadly looks finished at this level

- Bannan should not be the CDM

- Bannan should not be captain

- Murphy is better off the bench if needed

- Nuhui's role is as a last 20 minute sub if needed

- Chansiri needs to be told that Wickham should have been in 9 days ago and to stop messing up