Rowett

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

probably not but we know he's no track record  of success in this division …..why not try something different and look in the lower leagues for a cowley,tisdale ,ainsworth , Flynn  etc etc ….blunts took the gamble and it paid off , course it may not for us . 

It depends how you define success.. I’d count Rowett as a successful manager despite not having won a promotion to the PL. Did a good job at Burton, and at Birmingham, play offs with Derby.. then went to Stoke and did nothing but since he’s left they’ve got worse if anything suggesting that wasn’t down to him.

I think a big part of whether a manager will be successful somewhere depends on lots of external factors. When Wilder went to Utd it was a case of right man at right time.. he then got them up from League 1 which gets him some goodwill going into the championship. They were then able to build on it. If he left Utd tomorrow, and joined some other championship team, I’m not sure he’d be able to replicate what he’s done at the Lane.

We just need to find someone who fits well into the club.. easier said than done. Don’t think over analysing track records elsewhere will give us that much info on how likely they are to be successful here

Just now, RevOwl said:

Can't you guys have a wider imagination than ringing the bell for the usual suspects? Rowett, Oli, blah blah blah. They're the usual drab lot linked to jobs outside the premier league. You should want better for our club than that bunch of serial p45 collectors. 

The arrogance of some of our fans is laughable.....Rowett oil blah blah !!!!!!!.....most managers wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole .... we’ve been out of the premiership for nearly 20 years!!!!...get a reality check mate ...it’s no who we want ..it’s who want us ........Rowett wants the job ...get him chansiri!!!!

He's my choice now for sure, and is the type we need to continue Bruce's approach.  I like his arrogance and think he'll sort out the soft underbelly we've had for years.

Might not be the prettiest football mind, but far more effective and purposeful that what we're used to. 

This lot have flattered to deceive far too often. 

Guest The Horse

Rowett is exactly what we need.

But unfortunately the Nixon story this morning confirms that the toxin of Doyen is still very much running through the veins of the club and we'll end up with Pulis.

There's an undercurrent of malaise at this club. It's almost tangible.

What this club needs is to get rid of the dressing room mafia of Hutchinson, Westwood and Bannan and DC needs to kick out Paixo, who's relationship feels pretty much like this when it comes to hiring anyone non-Doyen:

linr5908j5j11.jpg