If you don’t win, you must make sure you don’t lose it

24 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

We’ve gone from having one of the tightest defences in our history to having one with more holes than ....  well maybe just one great big one like the hole in the road of happy memory. RIP Subway Cyril. 

Personally I think the defence under Carlos only appeared that good because of the way he setup to control possession. It's easy to defend when you have the ball.

Secondly, Carlos seemed towards the end to field teams which all stayed in position. That's also easier for the defence, as your in position to revert to defence as a team.

I want to know what happened to Carlos Season One. I think he was kidnapped by his own ego. 

:manager:

That team for me was all about runners from midfield creating chances going forward. Now I know the wheels fell off Kieran Lee, but it's a world away from the team we ended up with under Doyen / Carlos after all the twenties had been screwed up.

:carlos:

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

in cattericks day 20 draws was the same as 10 wins 10 losses.....obviously with 3 points for a win you need to be winning games but if you are a poor (ish) side then concentrating on keeping a clean sheet is a good starting point for cobbling together enough points to survive . …….that season under gray being a good case in point ...we scored less than a goal a game and still finished a comfortable 13th with I think only 3 teams conceding less ..

I understand the point systems changed, so it was a mischievous comment about Harry, who was before my time, but I understand it changed to encourage attacking football.

As I see it, our weakest players are our defenders, and our strongest, if not most expensive players are our attackers. We really need to focus on making sure they have chances to score, because even during the Norwich debacle we weren't creating quality chances. Crossing from forty yards is asking a lot from old Steven Fletcher. (Not poor) The same goes for João and Nuhiu. They are not bad Strikers, but they are getting poor service because of a defensive mindset in my opinion.