Today

Don’t really let football get to me but today made me angry.

Two clubs, both with embargo troubles but the contrast was startling.

Firstly the managers. Monk has always been a 433 footballing manager but with limited ability to sign players since he took over he has cut his cloth accordingly and plays a very basic, pragmatic 442.

Picks the same formation, and subject to injury, the same team every game.

He knows what it takes to win games in this league and is doing exactly that.

Ours is showing more each week that he either underestimates the league or just doesn’t have a clue.

No stability on the pitch, therefore player confidence ebbing away .

Monk’s team is full of proper professional players who know their job and bust a gut to do it.

The defenders defend and get rid of it, the two centre midfield players win every lose ball and the wide players attack at pace.

Up front they have an old fashioned target man who wins a lot and a poacher.

So simple , so effective.

Meanwhile our style involves fannying around in our own half, defence and midfield both, until we eventually give it away or knock a long ball to forwards who have spent so long waiting for the ball they have lost interest.

The attitude of some players today was awful, Reach and Onomah were a disgrace. Bannan and Joey are just incapable of winning a midfield battle and every time we lose a tackle or give it away.

I wouldn't blame the defence today, it is impossible to play in the areas we are playing and not give chances away.

Clean sheets are just a myth to us.

It really was men against boys today. Nowhere more obvious than Joey. Totally overpowered today.

Some might say some of our men are sat at home and I am not a Hutch devotee like some but either him or Jones would have been more effective today.

To me the manager is getting far too many things wrong and we will be lucky to finish 4th from bottom.

Apologies for the length of the rant

Don’t think Boyd and or Jones would make a difference, but our midfied is crying out for Hutch to organise and protect that defence.

On second thoughts Boyd and Jones would have made a difference today.

They would have made it even worse.