Nielsen

11 hours ago, james o connor said:

Only Wednesday fans could pull to bits a 19 year old who did alright yet spend the last 12 months pining after a gangly kid they’d never seen just because his dad used to play for us . 

I wish I could give this all the plusses it requires.

• Haha 1

I get fed up of people saying a centre half isn’t good enough on the ball. 

This is the kind of thinking that led to us signing Van Aken when what we needed was somebody who could defend.

This is the Championship not the Champions League.

Is Nielsen good enough, I have no idea. But we need to recognise the prime requirements for a centre half is to read the game, be physical, head it and tackle and anything else is a bonus.

It would also help if we stop rolling the ball out to defenders under pressure on the edge of our own box.

That can quickly make them look awful on the ball

• Like 1

We need to remember that a kid coming into the first team is always going to play safe with his passing - especially at centre half. As he becomes more settled he may well gain the confidence to bring the ball out a bit, play a bit more creatively and develop that side of his game.

Also, he has very little experience playing against grown men so will not have had to use his impressive frame to it's full effect much yet. Again this side of his game will develop with more experience in the first team.

Not that he's looked bad anyway tbh, but there's plenty more to come from this guy and as many have pointed out, a defender of his size is what we've needed for a long time. Come on Freddy!