Patience, our time will come again, hopefully.

44 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Cardiff spent a lot to go up in 2012/13 but look like going back up again this time on a shoestring budget.

I think, although the odds may be stacked against you, you can never say never. Even Barnsley and Bradford have up there, albeit briefly.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:33, Animis said:

Burnley have been excellent for four years now under Dyche - they hardly get a mention and as you say to be pushing an Arsenal team, albeit one who are underperforming, is a tremendous achievement.

However, they are an exception, and I'm sure their fans would settle for mid-table year-on-year. 

Normally the pressure is how to improve on this, but i suspect Dyche, because of the fans and club owner's expectations, will be given time if they finish 12th next season. 

17th every season:) Money pouring in quicker than it can be spent.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

With the premier league growing and money keeps coming in, the top 6 clubs will keep distancing themselves more and more to the rest. In America, their sport system is designed to keep the game as even and competitive as possible Via the draft. The worst teams from the previous season get the first choice on the best young players coming out of university. I have absolutely no idea how this would translate to English football but its a system i truly admire.