#SWFC to feature in feature documentary

It’s not quite ready yet, so keep an eye on our blog at Spiksley.com

the text has been proof read and set out and images selected and set out. Just have to add captions and finish the cover. Then it’ll go to the printers.

we said July and I am hoping it can be done before owls in the park, but that is tight. 

As as soon as it’s ready I’ll be doing a blog post and the few extra copies will be sold online. There will only be a few extras so be quick as although nearly 50 sold there isn’t enough interest in it to print more than that. 

Sorry if there were some doubts over this reward and that it got delayed. Everyone who bought one has been emailed updates in the last 2 weeks and the books were posted out today.

If people have put stuff on here that I have previously failed to reply to then I apologise for that. The simple reason for not responding is that I do not frequent this message board often. As a non-Wednesdayite I don't have anything to add to the general discussions and only come on here when promoting the work I've done on Spiksley and the Victorian era of the Club's history. I am also conscious that if I stay on here too much people soon get tired of my posting topics. After reaching a point where I didn't have anything new to add, I have stayed away from Owlstalk but I should have realised that some people would have needed updating on the progress of the Langley book at an earlier date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/08/2018 at 10:05, daztheowl said:

Been a long wait Clive, was expecting it in May. Knew it was a big undertaking though, and confident you'd get it printed in the end. Looking forward to another good read. 

Best wishes for the documentary. 

Thanks for being so patient. Hopefully you have received it now. The kickstarter page said approximately July for the Langley book so I was about 4 weeks late. 

10 minutes ago, clive.nicholson said:

Thanks for being so patient. Hopefully you have received it now. The kickstarter page said approximately July for the Langley book so I was about 4 weeks late. 

Cheers Clive, arrived yesterday, only had chance to read the first few pages though, about his time at Horncastle and Blue Star. Very good insightful read so far though. Many thanks for putting this together. 

Wonderful book. The time travelling bit in the middle where Ambrose Langley travels forward in time to assassinate Hitler is gripping. Just think how different history would have been if Langley had managed to get his bomb football on target. I love the sex scene between him and Queen Victoria as well. Almost like I was there watching the action so to speak.