Hunt & Wallace, Reach & Bannan

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Two terrific partnerships. 

Each pairing provides width, athleticism, and great attacking threat. When all 4 play it gives us great balance both in attack and defence.

I have strongly expressed my preference for Bannan to play centrally, but I have to say that so far this season Reach-Bannan left looks a superb partnership. In some parts of matches it has been a joy to watch them in tandem. 

Ross & Jack are a fantastic team. They know each other's next move, and complement each other's game. We know Ross can deliver and shoot, and Jack has clearly worked on his delivery which is hugely improved on his first two seasons.

When we play Reach LW, and so leave Ross benched to make room for Bannan, Lee and Jones, I think this is far less effective. We lose balance, with no semblence of width or threat down our right hand side. Neither Lee nor Bannan want to be there, and come so narrow that Hunt has no help going forward, and little support defensively.

I hope we see a midfield of Wallace-Lee-Jones-Bannan, with Reach and Hunt bombing up and down the lines. It has worked well and promises to get beter and better.

Was saying the other day, prefer Lee in the middle as out of our midfield he's the main one that can ghost forward and nick us some goals and is far less effective out wide, him and Jones are very good at covering and picking passes off in the middle, so makes more sense the way we play to have Bannan on the left because when reach bombs on he can cut inside and still ping balls about, we loose less of his game if he's out wide compared to Lee out there.