Theory why SG sacked late

Gray was pushed out from the beginning. Whether Mr Chansiri wanted Gray to stay on or not I don't know, but if he did want SG then he made a big mistake by not inviting Gray to the press conference with Roeder and Pearson.

After that Gray was making bitter statements, saying that he will have the final word on signings and that if they sign a player that he doesn't want, then he won't play them. This was his way of airing his dissatisfaction and I'm sure it won't have been seen as productive by My C or the other committee members.

Not sure what the final straw was, but since they didn't have a replacement ready to walk in, I guess that either Gray forced their hand or he walked.

Guest mrbluesky

Gray was pushed out from the beginning. Whether Mr Chansiri wanted Gray to stay on or not I don't know, but if he did want SG then he made a big mistake by not inviting Gray to the press conference with Roeder and Pearson.

After that Gray was making bitter statements, saying that he will have the final word on signings and that if they sign a player that he doesn't want, then he won't play them. This was his way of airing his dissatisfaction and I'm sure it won't have been seen as productive by My C or the other committee members.

Not sure what the final straw was, but since they didn't have a replacement ready to walk in, I guess that either Gray forced their hand or he walked.

Nail hit the head the on!

Head coaches don't get the final say. Managers do. Gray knew what the job was when he was given it and had only got the final say until now because the Director of Football/Committee hadn't been put in place yet.

Head coaches don't get the final say. Managers do. Gray knew what the job was when he was given it and had only got the final say until now because the Director of Football/Committee hadn't been put in place yet.

I agree, that seems to be the idea. Just reporting what he said - Gray obviously thought otherwise or was pushing back against it.

How many times did we hear SG say that he'd not sat down and spoken to the new owner yet? Next thing, a new committee is announced. How is SG meant to understand how his job has changed unless someone consults with him?