Liera

More ammo? He was rubbish against Blackpool and Boro, in his last two games before today, and looked unsteady at times today, finally scoring an own goal.

Cojones.

Apart from his one mistake against Boro for 2nd goal (and yes he is liable to one a game) he was our best player that night.

Buxton, Gardner and he had to be at their best, because the ball kept coming back at them all the time, because the midfield was virtually non existant after first 20 minutes.

That's where the problem lies, along with impotence up front. Not the back four

Hi, returning Charlton fan here. Llera is the sort of player who Is hot or cold, sorry to see you down there , good luck, don't wanna see you get relegated, as despite people's hate for some of your fans ,some of you are alright, If I was you I'd back jones at least till Christmas

He's a confidence player, like so many others. But whilst always liable to that one mistake a game which can cost you, a wholehearted player that gets stuck in.

I didn't rate him that much when he was with you, but think he has improved.

All the best to you as well ( apart from the obvious).

Guest intercity0wl

That goal will give Jones more ammo...defo dropped now

He wont need any Ammo, his 5th booking of the season on Saturday will ensure he aint in the side v Leicester next weekend

Guest davet30

I suggest you watch the goal back. I thought it was unfortunate at the game. As it is its a peach of a header and I've no idea why he headed it with the power and direction he did. The ball looks like it would have gone to Kirkland or wide as well the striker wouldn't have got it. Gardener touches it before Llera and takes it off Sharp.

It's a shocking own goal.

I've yet to watch the replay but from recollection there are 2 points I remember - 1 the cross should never have been made in the first place .. Jones was all over the place and was slow to close their winger down.

2 .. when the ball came over Llera was between 2 strikers (there were 3 on total in a line as I remember) but I do take your point - replayes are brilliant and I will watch when I get a mo.

Guest davet30

Ok I've just watched it back. it's amazing how different angles of view reveal more of the picture. The striker on the far side was well behind and would not have made it. Kirkland would have had the cross covered at the far post no problem. Gardeners touch deflected the ball slightly upwards. If Llera had left it there wouldn't have been a problem I don't think.

Still it's a team effort and I still feel Jones was too slow and out of position on several occasions but not analysing too deeply am not sure on those occasions if Jones was covering for someone else :rolleyes:

Guest intercity0wl

Ok I've just watched it back. it's amazing how different angles of view reveal more of the picture. The striker on the far side was well behind and would not have made it. Kirkland would have had the cross covered at the far post no problem. Gardeners touch deflected the ball slightly upwards. If Llera had left it there wouldn't have been a problem I don't think.

Still it's a team effort and I still feel Jones was too slow and out of position on several occasions but not analysing too deeply am not sure on those occasions if Jones was covering for someone else :rolleyes:

So basically if our defence could have paused for a while, had a look round to see where everbody was, and what the outcome would be if certain things did or didn,t happen, then we may have come away with the point we deserved, Bloody easy this football malarky aint it. :rolleyes: