For the third time

Guest TT_owl

We seem to be incapable of being a force in the second tier of English football. I cannot understand this, why can all these other clubs (Hull City, Reading, Swansea city, etc etc etc) have some sort of success yet we are amazingly struggling in this division for the THIRD time. There cannot possibly be any excuses, we consistently get more of a gate receipt than the majority of the others, yet we have this quite remarkable pattern of failure. This isn't expecting to have the success of a large club i.e. "we are MASSIVE" it is merely expecting comparable success with medium sized football clubs over a considerable period.

I cannot understand.

Please discuss.

Well the first 2 times we didn't have a pot to wee wee in. This time everyone expected us to compete for the play-offs at least for some bizarre reason, yet we struggle. Probably something to do with the tactics being all wrong, and players being brought in who really couldn't care less. Probably the most passionless thing I've ever seen today. The size of a club doesn't matter one bit tbf

You are right, other clubs have better players and we have to accept it, and the lack of drive is as big a factor as the quality difference. It is just so hard to take when literally everybody else seems to find a way of getting a side together.

What make me chuckle is that everyone said when Jones came in the players played with freedom after being shackled by Megson. And called Megsons style of play boring. That today was boring, effortless, rigid and turgid. Can't stand players not even showing effort, and that's what we got today. Fed up with it now.

Yes very fed up. This isn't a "Jones out" comment but under Megson we had an identity, he selected a style and stuck with it. I do miss Megson in some ways, from him we would be getting the exaggerated "we are too big for this division" which in a strange way is what we need now.

I don't want to join the 'jones out' bandwaggon neither, it's just disappointing to see that every week. I know everyone has differing opinions on things but mine is that it seems gutless. Where is the never-say-die attitude of last season? I'd kill for it ATM to be honest