Simple tweak to the team

Guest Fedor

Just a thought and it might just work. When Chris OGrady arrived we were told he could play on the left side of a front three. So if we swap him and Bothroyd round with Bothroyd the focal point of the attack might it work? Bothroyd complained about a lack of support, OGrady would surely help with this. Our main threat has been Antonio, he could go back to his favoured right side and provide ammo for O Grady and Bothroyd to attack in the box. Plus OGrady would work hard( a given with him) and help out with the defensive cover more than Bothroyd does.

Had to work Tuesday night so didn't know this. Okay then what about going back to 4-4-2 with Corry playing on the left. Pretty sure he could put in good service whilst making us more solid and compact than playing with JJ and Antonio.

I'd like to see mayor out wide and I'd like to see Bothroyd and barkley up front in a 4-4-2

Best suggestion I've seen for a while. Would you still go for Semedo in midfield then with either Corry of McCabe?

I really think we need a more orthadox winger on the left. I've not seen Mayor live this season but heard good things.

Best suggestion I've seen for a while. Would you still go for Semedo in midfield then with either Corry of McCabe?

I really think we need a more orthadox winger on the left. I've not seen Mayor live this season but heard good things.

Semedo has to play in midfield. Maybe we could drop him for the Forest game though :ph34r:

Guest Big Guns

Yes semedo and mcabe

The back 4 as it is

Antonio and mayor out wide and

Barkley ,Bothroyd up front..

Yes semedo and mcabe

The back 4 as it is

I think 4-4-2 was ditched too early. I think the standard in this league has surprised us all.The quality is higher now. We have beaten the poorer teams in this league whatever sytem we have played. The defence looks more settled now. Maybe time to give it another bash. At least in home games anyway.

Yes semedo and mcabe

The back 4 as it is

Good shout. I think Barkley be better suited up front anyway,he's not got the defensive battling qualities for centre mid.stick him up top in a Rooney role with bothroyd as our RVP

Guest Big Guns

Good shout. I think Barkley be better suited up front anyway,he's not got the defensive battling qualities for centre mid.stick him up top in a Rooney role with bothroyd as our RVP

Exactly....

Guest swfc 4 lyfe

good interview fodder for DJ then ......

he's learning

he's got to make the step up

he's not played in this league before

he's a great prospect

that's the thing though, he has played in this league before, he played about half his Preston games inthis league I think.