Toothless

Guest foreverSWFC

How dire was that.

Fair enough, Blackpool are a good side, play off finalists and have two of the best wingers in the league.

However, we were so slow and lacking any urgency, Bothroyd was shocking tonight.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Bothroyd has been awful in practically every game apart from Leeds. He came with a big reputation and all we've seen of it is his own big ego. Our strikers are not good enough for this level, we have no pace and we have few options. I still prefer Madine and O'Grady over Bothroyd and Rodri as players but we're alarmingly toothless upfront and leaky at the back. And despite having the likes of Antonio and JJ we still play at a slow tempo. DJ his looking lost without Burton and I can see why he hates this division, because its although he's fearful of every other side in this division. I like 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 but we haven't got the players to play it and we need to play with a higher tempo and support the strikers. Under DJ we're looking out of our depth in this division like recent past managers in this division. MM needs to act or DJ needs to rethink things and improve vastly or its looking like he has to go. I hope he and we can bounce back soon but its looking increasingly like a end of season dogfight and we might not have enough to stay in this division.

Blackpool were a quality side.

But....

Soooo Toothless going forward.

Why does Bothroyd 'hide' when we go on the attack??? He drops into a no mans land where he can't recieve a pass or pick up a loose ball. Surely he should be played as an out and out forward, he is here to score goals isn't he???

So, so poor going forward.

It was a serious lack of pace, energy and desire going forward

Antonio ?

The rest are too busy defending deep to get forward with him, cog's rubbish, how on earth people call for him to start is beyond me, can't trap a bag of sand.

It's not enough though is it ?

How many times did we put the ball into nobody ?

It isn't enough no, the midfield sit way too deep then when we do get forward there isn't enough body's in the box, the systems poo poo.