Gerald Sibon

Guest RocketOwl

True we were only relegated last day of the season, Sibon Left in Jan. Think I remember him having a decent scoring record that season, his goals could have kept us up.

Classy player when he wanted to be

if i remember correctly we were relegated before the last game of that season,but in fairness had we had kept him then i feel sure we would have stopped up.

Anyone else remember him winding the Pig fans on Leppings Lane during a stoppage in play?

We had a corner which he deliberately moved further and further away from corner to wind them up.

wee wee your pants time thicko blades doin their nuts.

Guest zico sterland

Sibon was just too good for the rest of the championship side,those who say he was crap are the ones jbothroyd and Madine have mentioned,he was so crap he played chamions league for PSV and Ajax.Dont think any of the others at that time touched those levels.

Guest RocketOwl

Exactly. That last post sums it up. Well done sir. It is quite bizzare the amounf of people who know nothing about football on here, and before someone mentions Julian Bennett, it was a tounge in cheek comment. As if some people thought anyone could think Bennett was england class. lol

Sibon was just too good for the rest of the championship side,those who say he was crap are the ones jbothroyd and Madine have mentioned,he was so crap he played chamions league for PSV and Ajax.Dont think any of the others at that time touched those levels.

There's no correlation between what people say about Madine n bothroyd and sibon.

Sibon was the best player in a really poor owls side.

That doesn't mean he was some kind of thwarted genius.

He was hit and miss and probably had a good game 1 in 4.

What he did afterwards is irrelevant, maybe his attitude changed.

I can understand why fans of a certain age would idolise him as he was the pick of a bad bunch and scored some good goals, but he was never more than an average Wednesday player..