Ipswich caretaker boss pre match thoughts

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Said after watching our game at Blackburn

“They’re a good side,” he said. “Blackburn dominated the first 45 minutes after scoring an early goal, but Sheffield Wednesday had two very good chances from set-pieces before going behind. They’re a big side and we have to be wary of that.

“In the second half I think Dave (Jones) must have given them a bit of rollocking because they came out fighting.

“Blackburn had to sit back and soak up the pressure. Listen, they’re fighting for their lives at the moment. There could be a few feathers flying, couldn’t there?”

Ipswich will be as desperate as Wednesday for a win.

Hutchings said: “Nobody wants to get beat, whether you’re in the middle of the table, top of the table or at the bottom.

“We’re only a quarter of a way through the season, but every game is a big game. This is the first of many cup finals for us.

“We’re bottom of the league, but my glass is always half full and I believe the only way is up. That’s what I’m going to get across to the players. We’re going to be very positive in everything we do.

“The players will be positive in what they do on Saturday.

“I’ll pick the team for what I think will win the game - simple as that. I’ll get no interference. I’ll speak to my staff, but ultimately it will be my decision.

“I’m caretaker manager for now and everyone will be fighting in the right direction, don’t worry about that.”

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Not happy playing a club that just sacked their manager on a weekend where if we lose we go bottom...

And if the ref wears yellow, oh dear god, thats sure to be another defeat then :rolleyes: