Ipswich Away - Travelling From Norwich

Hey Rick- hope you're well?

Yep, we're going Norwich- Ipswich. Haven't thought about timings and stuff yet- nice to have a virtual home game with it only being 45 minutes away though! I'd guess we'll be on a train around about lunchtime though.

You thinking something similar or are you planning more of a day of it?

Think we will be on the 1130 hrs train, and heading into the town for a few beers. Me, my brother ( both old f*rts) and my son (your age).

Think we are also going for a curry afterwards, also somewhere in the town, hopefully to celebrate!

Might see you at the stn? Feel free to join us

Edited by Rick - Norfolk Owl

My Dad and I are catching the train from Norwich to Ipswich. We're staying over for the weekend in Norwich, my Mum and wife will be shopping in Norwich whilst we're at the match.

Can you suggest anywhere good for dinner in Norwich walkable from the station?

Norwich has loads of good places to eat - we've got to be lucky with something. Depending on what you want to pay and eat there are lots of Indian and Chinese restaurants on the Prince of Wales Road across from the stn. There are also a variety of chain restaurants on the Riverside which is a bar and cinema complex and only 100 metres from the stn. If you have the time (and want a treat) I would head for the Iron House Brasserie. It's a middle of the road price but the food is great. It's about 15 mins from the stn but right in the middle of the shopping area.

Enjoy Norwich - it's a great city, lots to do and some interesting bars and restaurants, plus shops that delight the wife! Let me know if you want some more ideas - assuming you like ale, try The Fat Cat, best real ale pub in Norfolk. Enjoy! Where are you staying ?

Nice hotel and good golf course. If you want to eat en-route and just outside of Norwich, suggest you have Fish & Chips at the Parsons Woodforde Pub in Weston Longville. Great bistro pub, more of a restaurant really but great beer - and they do home made sausage rolls and olives on the bar on Fridat night before 7pm

Well worth a stop for a beer - let me know, it's my local!