'Proper fans don't boo'

Guest Harry the Owl

Guest Harry the Owl

Were you really one of the arseholes that abused Bothroyd on Twitter?

Not last week, he blocked me before he signed

I think we've worked that one out to be honest. But what do you think you will gain from booing? Serious question.

I don't think jasper did. What do you gain from clapping the players off the pitch for losing?

Not last week, he blocked me before he signed

I don't think jasper did. What do you gain from clapping the players off the pitch for losing?

It's called supporting your team through the hard times........a concept which seems to escape you!

It infuriates me to think there are people who call themselves Wednesday fans when clearly they aren't anything but fickle fans, who actually don't give a sh!te about the club, players or their fellow supporters!

Guest Harry the Owl

Why would he do that? *puzzled*

You yanking my chain?

When we were linked with him I told him not to be a lazy c vnt. He couldn't handle the banter

Guest Ratty-owl

All my threads get 20+ replies so I'd say I have a good success rate..

Yeah but you're minus 100 on your post score for all the b00lox you keep posting

Guest Harry the Owl

It's called supporting your team through the hard times........a concept which seems to escape you!

It infuriates me to think there are people who call themselves Wednesday fans when clearly they aren't anything but fickle fans, who actually don't give a sh!te about the club, players or their fellow supporters!

You get all that from what I post on owlstalk. You need to meet some real people mate

Guest Harry the Owl

Yeah but you're minus 100 on your post score for all the b00lox you keep posting

Oh no, my life isn't worth living anymore. Sad c vnt

When we were linked with him I told him not to be a lazy c vnt. He couldn't handle the banter

Good on him for blocking you. Far better to block the unintelligent morons that think abuse is "banter" (don't know what you said or how far you went- I'm talking in general terms)

But far better to block than to respond badly and have to apologise.

I'm sorry I don't like booing but booing is our way of showing the players that there not doing enough.if I didn't do my job properly I wouldn expect my boss to give me positive encouragement I would expect a roasting and that's the way life goes.players earn enough money to be able to take the criticism.

Guest intercity0wl

we were s=hit again,getting to be the norm now ,we needed 2/4 quality additions in key positions added to last years squad and built on the feelgood factor and fight, , but no somene insisted in changing nearly all destroying all we had built ,people are spouting that last years squad isn't good enough for this league ,who can honestly say they were't nobody can tbh,unless they had a go and failed then your points would have been justified,

we have signed mediocher players to quote Reading , and tbh he is right ,

To be honest with the amount we are willing to pay for players (and we haggle for weeks over even paying these small amounts) mediocre players are all we are ever going to get.

i have said it, and will keep saying it, the amount of supposed ambition this club has, when listening to the people who own the purse strings, is not matched by the amount they are willing to pull out of the purse and spend, on proven week in week out quality at this level.

It would not matter who the manager is here at S6, poor loans and youngsters (no matter how much supposed potential) will get us exactly where we are now, to be honest I bet DJ would not have brought in half of those he has done, if he was allowed to spend the amounts that some of his competitors at this level have. WTID

To be honest with the amount we are willing to pay for players (and we haggle for weeks over even paying these small amounts) mediocre players are all we are ever going to get.

i have said it, and will keep saying it, the amount of supposed ambition this club has, when listening to the people who own the purse strings, is not matched by the amount they are willing to pull out of the purse and spend, on proven week in week out quality at this level.

It would not matter who the manager is here at S6, poor loans and youngsters (no matter how much supposed potential) will get us exactly where we are now, to be honest I bet DJ would not have brought in half of those he has done, if he was allowed to spend the amounts that some of his competitors at this level have. WTID

An honest post.

It is certainly looking that way. I don't think any other argument can be made.

A large squad of mediocrity - but still being paid relatively large wages on long term contracts?

How many times have we been here before?

Yet more players we have to get off the books, before we can think of advancement.

You have to choose wisely and get it right (mostly) first time.

We haven't.

Guest totemowl

I'm sorry I don't like booing but booing is our way of showing the players that there not doing enough.if I didn't do my job properly I wouldn expect my boss to give me positive encouragement I would expect a roasting and that's the way life goes.players earn enough money to be able to take the criticism.

How is this the same. When you don't do your job properly does he stand there booing you and leave it at that?

Does he get the secretary, cleaners and your customers in and get them booing as well.

Edited by totemowl

An honest post.

It is certainly looking that way. I don't think any other argument can be made.

A large squad of mediocrity - but still being paid relatively large wages on long term contracts?

How many times have we been here before?

Yet more players we have to get off the books, before we can think of advancement.

You have to choose wisely and get it right (mostly) first time.

We haven't.

I disagree. DJ has said he got all his targets in the Summer. And most of them are very good players. They just haven't gelled yet. And that becomes harder and takes longer if you get on a bad run.

How is this the same. When you don't do your job properly does he stand there booing you and leave it at that?

Does he get the secretary, cleaners and your customers in and get them booing as well.

Regardless if it's not the same job the outcome is the same if you dont do your job you will get a roasting whether it's from 2 or 3 people to 20.000+ people

Guest totemowl

Regardless if it's not the same job the outcome is the same if you dont do your job you will get a roasting whether it's from 2 or 3 people to 20.000+ people

So the roasting that your boss gives you is just the same as someone getting up and booing you.

All I can say is, your boss sounds like a complete thrower. If he'd got any sense he'd put you in a room with one of his other lower paid employees and get them to boo you.

Think of the money he'd save. You need to suggest this to him. He might start treating you better.

What a ridiculous comparison!

Would your boss boo you, or would your boss have a word in your ear?

There is a big difference between your boss having a word and a stand full of riled up supporters booing you.