Bothroyd played for England

Guest Mike Barnes

Guest SnookerOwl

I remember Hirsty being in a ''top 50'' list of worst england players ever.

It goes to show stupid these lists are. And the people who write them clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Just give the lad time, FFS.

If he isn't doing it for us in a month, when he's had the opportunity to get fit, then have a debate about his performance.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest intercity0wl

Just give the lad time, FFS.

If he isn't doing it for us in a month, when he's had the opportunity to get fit, then have a debate about his performance.

Exactly, still trying to get his fitness and sharpness back, yet gets slagged off by posters, some of who have probably never played at a higher level than the playground, needs time before any assesments can carry any validity.

Edited by intercity0wl

Exactly, still trying to get his fitness and sharpness back, yet gets slagged off by posters, some of who have probably never played at a higher level than the playground, needs time before any assesments can carry any validity.

I think he should be judged when he is fit, the problem I have is that he shouldn,t be the first name down on the team sheet until he is fit. DJ did not do the lad any favours by throwing him in unfit and unfamiliar with his team mates for him to be crucified by some sections of the crowd and ultimately helping to destroy any confidence he came with and now putting him in a negative light with the crowd. Edited by lanzaroteowl

Why does that matter?

Guest beatleowl

I played for academy sides, whilst my mate only ever played for the local teams in and around the D division. Put us both on a football quiz machine- he blinds me, Geoff Stelling DVD quiz, tha should see the lad go. Hope this puts to bed the multi testicles that if you haven't played at a high level you know nothing about the game. You sound like Alan Irvine for chuffs sake.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I played for academy sides, whilst my mate only ever played for the local teams in and around the D division. Put us both on a football quiz machine- he blinds me, Geoff Stelling DVD quiz, tha should see the lad go. Hope this puts to bed the multi testicles that if you haven't played at a high level you know nothing about the game. You sound like Alan Irvine for chuffs sake.

There's a difference between knowing facts about football and experiencing and understanding the inside of a professional football.

Just cause your mate wins £5 from time-to-time on't quiz machine in't boozer, doesn't mean that he knows as much about the logistics of professional football.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest intercity0wl

Please tell me you are not being serious ???.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest beatleowl

Please tell me you are not being serious ???.

I'm being slightly ironic in being as ridiculous as yourself only at the opposite end of the scale.

In summary, whether you've played football at a high level or not has no bearing on how much you know about the game.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm being slightly ironic in being as ridiculous as yourself only at the opposite end of the scale.

In summary, whether you've played football at a high level or not has no bearing on how much you know about the game.

Yes it does. Everybody who says Bothroyd is terrible clearly has absolutely zero footballing knowledge.

Guest JC Saviour

So you have to be a seasoned professional to tell whether a player is putting a shift in. So basically the majority of posters on here know flip all about the game. You sound very much like an ex manager and his badges.

Guest beatleowl

Yes it does. Everybody who says Bothroyd is terrible clearly has absolutely zero footballing knowledge.

I'd agree with that. Anyone who calls him lazy may have a point. But has everybody who hasn't played football at a high level got zero footballing knowledge?