A few thoughts.

Guest Wednesdayfan01

Guest Wednesdayfan01

I have seen a lot of negative comments recently because we are in this Inevitable slump, personally I would rather have the slump now then after christmas when we usually have them.

Anyway that aside my thoughts are why does DJ not give Julian Bennett a shirt number and give him a go surely he has to be a hell of a better option than Daniel Jones (who could not even get into the side in league 1) and although I agree that bennett is not the best full back in the league he did grow into the role when given his chance and for me is better option than Jones and Mattock. Also what about this Danny Mayor? why not try him instead of Pecnik? and maybe put Pecnik in midfield as he seems to play better in the center and I feel he could be that player who can put his foot on the ball and play the right pass at the right time because ever since Lines was injured I feel this is what we are missing. I know people may disagree but how can these new players be judged untill they have been given there fair chance? After all DJ has made so many changes surely a few more wont matter. This is the team I would give a try on Saturday or upcoming games and I am by far no expert just a damn passionate Owls fan.

GK - Bywater

RB - Bennett

CB - Beavers

CB - Gardner

LB - R. Johnson (if fit)

LW - Mayor

CM - Semedo

CM - Pecnic

RW - Antonio

CF - Ogrady

CF - Maguire

DJ knows what players best positions are. Mattock clearly isnt a right back but we have been unlucky in that position with injury so far. As many positional mistakes reda makes, he still deserves his start when fit. Mattock has proved he's a decent left back in the championship already. DJ clearly wanted rid of Bennet in the summer. If he dosnt rate him, or dosnt see him playing the kind of football he wants, thats fine with me. I think jones is playing simply because of injuries. He will be out the team when were back fully fit.

Pecnik on the other hand, i dont know how to take. He's played all over the place and hasnt been stunning in any position. The best game ive seen him play was vs west brom pre seasaon were he played wide right. But antonio isnt going to be dropped.

I hope when lines is back fit and playing it will give us abit more composure in the middle, and hopefully improve semedos game. Seems a coincidence his form has dropped when lines was out.