Brighton - Our mirror ?

Now all the displeasure of the past two performances and results has passed and after listening to Gus Poyet since the weekend, I can't help but feel these could / should actually be our benchmark.

Promoted on the wave of optimism, they set off very well (like ourselves), then hit the buffers and struggled a while (like ourselves) and then re-found form and had a comfortable, consolidation and end to the season.

Whilst it is not nice playing as we are and feeling down at present, I think we can genuinely take optimism from how they adapted and dealt with the Championship. It is a big step up in terms of ability required, but also work rate and commitment.

We have the players, we have the manager, all that is lacking is the epxerience of playing in this league.

We will learn from our mistakes, we will start to understand what is required in this division to compete and it will come right.

Brighton went through what we did last season. They found out the hard way and then built on that. With the addition of a few quality signings, they are the model I believe Dave Jones will aspire to be.

I hope we don't panic, I hope Mandaric doesn't have a knee jerk reaction. It will come good. We will improve and settle into this league and I can see us having a very, very good season next year,

I agree with this. I think some of our fans got a little bit carried away after promotion. We have a large squad of new players that will take time to gel. I don't think we will have a problem staying in the league but we have to remember we aren't playing brentford and colchester anymore. It would be nice to finish mid table this year and really make a push next year when the lads have found their feet.

Also, whilst we're comparing ourselves to others - unless I've missed it in the deluge of blabble spouted about how rubbish we are.

No one's mentioned the fact that Charlton who pretty much romped our league last season have 1 single point more than us at the moment.

I have no clue how relevant this is but it's a fact all the same.