Too simples to sort massive prombles?.....

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Guest Briscoe Inferno

This is how I feel this not so fine morning.....

I cannot understand why after such a promising start we have turned into a car crash.

The initial problem of conceding 2 goals a game has snowballed into a complete catastrophe.

I don't put that down to the players - the reasons are firmly at Dave Jones door I am afraid - things have tried to be fixed that didn't need fixing.

If Lewis was injured then play Lee for example who clearly was up to speed yesterday. - Round pegs in round holes and all that and so on throughout the whole team.

The side that drew at Derby, won against Birmingham and Millwall and narrowly lost against Crystal Palace was in my view unnecessarily dismantled for the Brighton game and this 'we may need two sides, home and away' emerged from DJ.

In my view, and I know it's speculation, if CoG had stayed on, we were looking like managing a draw. If anything, the substitutions we needed were at the back to nullify Zaha. A mistake by Jones IMO. CoG has more dimensions to his game than Bothroyd although Bothroyd is technically better in certain aspects.

Instead of introducing Bothroyd again from the bench vs Brighton - DJ drops CoG and introduces Mattock, Taylor and Bothroyd against a fast fluent side with CMS on fire. - without CoG to hold the ball up and relieve the inevitable waves of pressure and playing two wingers, the writing was on the wall. I would not have introduced Taylor at this game, when someone who could track CMS was much more important. A mistake by Jones IMO.

Vs Huddersfield, again CoG does not feature from the start and the defence is reshuffled again. Mattock gets himself sent off, Reda could have had 5 or 6 goals and again our forward line is impotent despite playing two wingers in JJ and Antonio. We cannot handle teams who attack with pace nor can we retain posession in the last third. Wrong team selection by Jones IMO.

Vs. Bolton . No CoG and only 1 winger in Antonio. Side looks a little more balanced, Lee has an encouraging game, the backline looks more solid with Gardner but Taylor is still error prone as he settles in and very fortunate not to concede an early penalty. Clearances from such an experienced player beggar belief. Bothroyd cannot hold the ball up, loses posession again and spends most of the game on his backside or whinging at his colleages. Semedo dropped. Bolton could have won convincingly. Mark Davies bosses the midfield for Bolton and waltzes through the CBs to score a good goal. Wrong team selection by Jones IMO but one full back problem addressed.

In summary - Bothroyd is not the player to give us a foothold in a game. and should have been introduced if at all, off the bench for the first 4 or 5 games when leading.

Taylor needs to get know his colleages in a settled back four - calamitous throwing him in.

Playing two wingers is a luxury and one should be played off the bench.

We need a CB with pace so why Llera who is quicker than Taylor, has been dropped is a mystery.

I feel the players who have been dropped have been poorly treated and this has affected spirit - this against the backdrop of DJ saying players had to earn the right to play.

Bothroyd should not be booed nor should be congratulated, but DJ has dropped his mate in it big time and I feel this was were most of the disappointment was directed. Bothroyd and Madine are too similar - DJ should not build a team around Bothroyd because he is not the anchor up top that CoG is - Either Bothroyd or Madine should play alongside CoG with Picnic or Rodders behind the front two.

Defenders need to realise that they should play %ages and when under pressure, put it in the stand to regroup.

It has taken four games and too many reshuffles and the self induced problems still inexplicably exist at the expense of self belief, confidence, spirit, togetherness of the team and our supporters.

All errors by DJ in my opinion - he needs to put it right or he will continue to create more prombles that he may not be able to recover from.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

This is how I feel this not so fine morning.....

I cannot understand why after such a promising start we have turned into a car crash.

The initial problem of conceding 2 goals a game has snowballed into a complete catastrophe.

I don't put that down to the players - the reasons are firmly at Dave Jones door I am afraid - things have tried to be fixed that didn't need fixing.

If Lewis was injured then play Lee for example who clearly was up to speed yesterday. - Round pegs in round holes and all that and so on throughout the whole team.

The side that drew at Derby, won against Birmingham and Millwall and narrowly lost against Crystal Palace was in my view unnecessarily dismantled for the Brighton game and this 'we may need two sides, home and away' emerged from DJ.

In my view, and I know it's speculation, if CoG had stayed on, we were looking like managing a draw. If anything, the substitutions we needed were at the back to nullify Zaha. A mistake by Jones IMO. CoG has more dimensions to his game than Bothroyd although Bothroyd is technically better in certain aspects.

Instead of introducing Bothroyd again from the bench vs Brighton - DJ drops CoG and introduces Mattock, Taylor and Bothroyd against a fast fluent side with CMS on fire. - without CoG to hold the ball up and relieve the inevitable waves of pressure and playing two wingers, the writing was on the wall. I would not have introduced Taylor at this game, when someone who could track CMS was much more important. A mistake by Jones IMO.

Vs Huddersfield, again CoG does not feature from the start and the defence is reshuffled again. Mattock gets himself sent off, Reda could have had 5 or 6 goals and again our forward line is impotent despite playing two wingers in JJ and Antonio. We cannot handle teams who attack with pace nor can we retain posession in the last third. Wrong team selection by Jones IMO.

Vs. Bolton . No CoG and only 1 winger in Antonio. Side looks a little more balanced, Lee has an encouraging game, the backline looks more solid with Gardner but Taylor is still error prone as he settles in and very fortunate not to concede an early penalty. Clearances from such an experienced player beggar belief. Bothroyd cannot hold the ball up, loses posession again and spends most of the game on his backside or whinging at his colleages. Semedo dropped. Bolton could have won convincingly. Mark Davies bosses the midfield for Bolton and waltzes through the CBs to score a good goal. Wrong team selection by Jones IMO but one full back problem addressed.

In summary - Bothroyd is not the player to give us a foothold in a game. and should have been introduced if at all, off the bench for the first 4 or 5 games when leading.

Taylor needs to get know his colleages in a settled back four - calamitous throwing him in.

Playing two wingers is a luxury and one should be played off the bench.

We need a CB with pace so why Llera who is quicker than Taylor, has been dropped is a mystery.

I feel the players who have been dropped have been poorly treated and this has affected spirit - this against the backdrop of DJ saying players had to earn the right to play.

Bothroyd should not be booed nor should be congratulated, but DJ has dropped his mate in it big time and I feel this was were most of the disappointment was directed. Bothroyd and Madine are too similar - DJ should not build a team around Bothroyd because he is not the anchor up top that CoG is - Either Bothroyd or Madine should play alongside CoG with Picnic or Rodders behind the front two.

Defenders need to realise that they should play %ages and when under pressure, put it in the stand to regroup.

It has taken four games and too many reshuffles and the self induced problems still inexplicably exist at the expense of self belief, confidence, spirit, togetherness of the team and our supporters.

All errors by DJ in my opinion - he needs to put it right or he will continue to create more prombles that he may not be able to recover from.

I can't see how that is DJs fault unless he has specifically told them not to put it out in to touch. It's basic defending. Why on earth would any CB think it'd be a good idea to do a blind kick over his head!?

Madine came on for O Grady at Palace didnt he?

Bothroyd made his debut against Brighton

apologies if I have misread your post

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Madine came on for O Grady at Palace didnt he?

Bothroyd made his debut against Brighton

apologies if I have misread your post

Well spotted Dobbo - thanks - but the problem remains in so far as Madine is too similar to Bothroyd - not players who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

I think DJ has missed a trick here - he should play Bothroyd or Madine alongside CoG - everyones a winner and DJ saves face.

And the forgotten man in Maguire who can hit a ball, can play with either Rodders or Picnic behind them...

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I can't see how that is DJs fault unless he has specifically told them not to put it out in to touch. It's basic defending. Why on earth would any CB think it'd be a good idea to do a blind kick over his head!?

The buck stops with the gaffer - the message needs ramming home to all the players. The mistake was made by Dan Jones costing the Palace winner and again subsequently by others including Taylor yesterday.

Its up to the manager to get this across to the players in case they need reminding.