Another career comes to an end at S6

Guest intercity0wl

If im not mistaken he scored for Coventry at Hillsborough with a long clearance, Hodge came out out to collect it, and the bounce sent it sailing over his head, and into the net infront of a stunned Kop.

I only remember this as it was the first (and last ) game i took the ex missus to, when the match report came on the radio on the Mexborough supporters club coach back to Mexborough, she turned round to me and said, "thats sounds good, what game was that at", like i said first and last game for her.

He did. I was stood on the kop and as he picked up the ball to kick it I turned to talk to my mate and heard the groan,turned around to see Hodgey picking it out of the old onion bag.

He did. I was stood on the kop and as he picked up the ball to kick it I turned to talk to my mate and heard the groan,turned around to see Hodgey picking it out of the old onion bag.

I remember the silence as everyone seemed to struggle for a few seconds to realise what had happened and that he'd actually scored.

I remember the silence as everyone seemed to struggle for a few seconds to realise what had happened and that he'd actually scored.

At the time I think I was slightly more peed off because I'd missed seeing an extremely rare occurence live. :biggrin:

Guest Manwithastick

well i'll take the rep hit and be the lone voice against Deon Dublin.................A man who was such a flipping tail he broke his neck attempting to butt Sibon. thrower.