Wednesday band

With Wednesday and England both playing Tuesday night wonder where the band will be.

At the England game. The drummer boy is flouncing on twitter, motivating fans for an England B international friendly. While in the real world Wednesday need the points and the support in their relegation battle.

UTO

It's a shame they're not permamently the England band, so they wouldn't turn up at Hillsborough even when England aren't playing.

People moan about the atmosphere at Hillsborough but this idea that the band create atmosphere is a fallacy. What they create is noise. Noise which often drowns out and discourages those few moments of genuine, spontaneous noise from the actual fans. They're a monotonous drone of banging with some badly played trumpeting in the background, and it's often at odds with what the supporters are actually singing when we do find our voice.

They're awful. Simply awful. It's not even the sort of thing that even warrants a difference of opinion. If you like the band then you're wrong and an idiot.

my sentiments exactly.

At the England game. The drummer boy is flouncing on twitter, motivating fans for an England B international friendly. While in the real world Wednesday need the points and the support in their relegation battle.

UTO

I dont usually comment on band stuff but I have to say I feel let down by them. The one thing you could consistently say was that they were Wednesday through and through regardless of whether you liked or disliked them. Going to an England 'B' game over an Owls game is unforgiveable. Its not something you can hold your head up about. I do think enough people want the band on the Kop to mean we havent seen the last of them at S6 but Im hugely dissapointed. I was convinced that even though they werent there with instruments last night that it was one of those non-playing days they have when they just attend the game as Owls fans. Seeing them later on international highlights leaves me feeling stunned.