Alan, just a thought.

Judging by AI's spell-binding interviews, it seems that he spends most of his time carrying out in-depth analysis of the opposition prior to every game. What form this takes I'm not sure. However from recent results I would suggest it involves a combination of reading tea leafs, getting Russell Grant to put together an astrological profile of the opposition (too many Leos in the Orient side obviously) and spending half an hour on Championship Manager. From this intensive research Alan is then able to pick the best starting 11 to ensure 3 points for the lads etc etc.

Now, assuming the opposition's manager has been on the same courses as our Alan, this means that he's been spending the whole week doing exactly the same thing. As a result he'll no doubt change his team/formation to counteract the challenges posed by the current Wednesday side (not sure what these are by the way). Therefore, in reality, this means Alan's been wasting his time (and ours) by basing his approach to match day on a system that by its very nature is flawed ('crap data in, crap data out' as they say in the IT world).

Sorry if this has shattered all your beliefs and left you a broken man Alan. However if it's any consolation the Mrs bought me a half season ticket for Xmas. Six minutes in against Charlton and I too was a broken man.

Regards

Eric

Judging by AI's spell-binding interviews, it seems that he spends most of his time carrying out in-depth analysis of the opposition prior to every game. What form this takes I'm not sure. However from recent results I would suggest it involves a combination of reading tea leafs, getting Russell Grant to put together an astrological profile of the opposition (too many Leos in the Orient side obviously) and spending half an hour on Championship Manager. From this intensive research Alan is then able to pick the best starting 11 to ensure 3 points for the lads etc etc.

Now, assuming the opposition's manager has been on the same courses as our Alan, this means that he's been spending the whole week doing exactly the same thing. As a result he'll no doubt change his team/formation to counteract the challenges posed by the current Wednesday side (not sure what these are by the way). Therefore, in reality, this means Alan's been wasting his time (and ours) by basing his approach to match day on a system that by its very nature is flawed ('crap data in, crap data out' as they say in the IT world).

Sorry if this has shattered all your beliefs and left you a broken man Alan. However if it's any consolation the Mrs bought me a half season ticket for Xmas. Six minutes in against Charlton and I too was a broken man.

Regards

Eric

Had to reply, your user name was my first real Hero at S6 and I agree totally with the above.

Had to reply, your user name was my first real Hero at S6 and I agree totally with the above.

What I would give for a pacey winger like Eric Potts, he could turn a full back inside out and actually cross a ball. He is just what we need at present. Plus two quality central midfield players of course.