Either lying or players won't play his way?

Guest Triplej2

I agree to some extent but the starting line up looked quite attacking down the flanks, two wingers and two full backs who like to get forward.

But for some reason we still look negative.

I looked at the team and thought it looked good. The thing is though when a team can't pass a football between them, the other side sieze the initiative and you're on the back foot. The story of our season really.

To me it looked like we went out there to play football.

The first half when we could get a hold of the ball we did ok with it at times and could have scored on another day.

Second half it looked like both teams had been told what to do to stop the other team from playing.

This then resulted in a scrappy second half, not what we want really when a goal behind.

But yeah, i'm still not convinced of Irivine.

I think AI likes to set the team up so that the margin between winning and losing remains as narrow as possible i.e. staying in the game as long as possible.

I dont have a problem with this to a certain extent as under Laws we were far too open, but I think that in order for this to work you need players in your midfield to make things happen. He started the likes of Miller, Teale and JJ today but they didnt do it, I dont know whether its them or Irvine, probably a mixture of both.

Either way, today I think as it decended into a scrappy affair we couldnt afford to get bogged down whereas Huddersfield could. There was no one confident enough to remain calm and play a pass, funnily enough the only nice bit of vision was from Darren Purse to feed the ball through only for the JJ chance to be ruled offside.

Far too often do we see our midfielders making a block, nudging a ball into a general area hoping someone will get it or scuffing a pass, theres no conviction in it. Its like they are all hoping the man next to them can do something game changing because they dont think they can do it themselves.

Exactly

Teale and Johnson were terrible today and didnt make the impact they normally do.

Mellor a few chances but didnt get any luck.

To me it looked like we went out there to play football.

The first half when we could get a hold of the ball we did ok with it at times and could have scored on another day.

Second half it looked like both teams had been told what to do to stop the other team from playing.

This then resulted in a scrappy second half, not what we want really when a goal behind.

But yeah, i'm still not convinced of Irivine.

Which is what I don't understand, why didn't he say look all our chances have come from spreading play keep it up not let's try and nick a goal at the end.

As I said earlier surely he should have thought to bring Heff on earlier not the 86th minute!

Why carn't we look at the players such as Kevin Killbane?

Because today was his best ever game - and he only did 3 passes and should then have been sent off. If SWFC ever sign Kevin Kilbane, I will personally never have anything to do with us ever again.