interesting question

YOU REALLY WANT US TO LOSE MATCHES??????? I hate Irvine, he is a moron but i don't want us to lose so he can be sacked!!!

YOU REALLY WANT US TO WIN THE NEXT 2 MATCHES - 2 MATCHES THAT WOULD BE PART OF ONLY HALF OUR GAMES WON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON. If we get him sacked after 2 more losses, that could well mean that we would win 70-80% of our remaining games, including the 2 next we would lose. And thereby gaining straight promotion.

Or was that too complicated for you?

Guest frannys ears

I'm hoping for some news tomorrow. A bit hopeful, maybe.

Will be very surprised if there is not an announcement tomorrow that irvine has left by mutual agreement, i'm sure our new owner will have already lined someone up for the job, and will have spent the weekend trying to come to some sort of compromise on a pay off. Otherwise he will try to push him out by using the tactics he used against pearson at leicester.

Maybe i'm miles off the mark, but Milan Mandaric will want to keep Wednesdayites onside, and irvine wont give him a bigger opportunity to swing the axe than this.

Come on Milan, DO THE RIGHT THING.

Guest mrbluesky

We're not still thinking we're going to have to pay up 2.5 years of salary if we sack him, are we?

Anyway, in answer to the OP: No, and yes.

The thing is though, I can't imagine for one minute any chairman sacking his manager when he lies second in the league, games in hand or not.

He's clearly going to be here into January - probably winning a couple along the way possibly keeping us in second - so I can't see us getting our wish of a better manager anytime soon.

I imagine he will be paid something like 6 months salary if sacked similar to Laws i cant see it being the full term of his contract

Guest totemowl

why dont you all stop flappin,my source who is close to mms inner sanctum assures me irvine is history come the new year

You used to do this pre-MM and you were found out then.