Is the future bright

Guest SFTS

Hi all,

No doubt you will have various opinions on the take over by Milan Manderic and whether or not it is a good or bad thing and what it will mean for the future of your club.

I currently run a football website called "shouts from the stands" and have done an article on Sheffield Wednesday, looking into what the future holds for your club.

While anyone can express their view, the opinions that matter most are from you, the Sheffield Wednesday fans. It would be great (if you get the time of course) if you could take a look and express your views on the situation, and comment if you see this as a good or bad thing for your season.

Many thanks, and genuinely all the best for the rest of the season

As i like to upload articles daily this article will not appear until 1201 am on the 16th, until then feel free to take a look at and comment on any of our other articles.

www.

shoutsfromthestands.

com

I think its largely positive.

Is Milan the perfect owner? No

Will he do things that will leave us scratching our heads? Probably Yes.

Is he ten times better than what we had previously? **** Yeah!

I personally believe that we could be on the verge of something very exciting - a new owner, no debt, money to spend, and a club that still has massive potential. At last nights Q and A, Milan was at pains to stress that it is going to take a lot of hard work - we don't have a scouting network for instance - but I honestly believe that we can become a promotion chasing force in the Championship within 2 to 3 years.

It's terrible tbh mate.

I can't quite put my finger on what the worst part is though.

It might be going from £30 million of debt to £0.

It might be getting rid of the board who put us in all of that debt in the first place.

It might be having money to spend in January and beyond on actual players, and not having to live off free transfers from Aldershot U15's.

It might be not having to worry that your club is going out of existance whilst your at work during the day, and not having that fear that when you visit the club website after work, there will be a notice from the High Court telling us we're being liquidated.

It might be (finally) having somebody with both passion and business acument in the boardroom, for the first time in 40 years....some would say ever.

It might be because i actually feel happy when visiting Hillsborough for the first time in 5 years, and no longer have to begrudge spending my money on SWFC.

It might be because South Yorkshire is in the doldrums at the moment in footballing terms, and any club which can build a half decent team is going to earn itself a generation of supporters for the future....and Mandaric coming has put us in a position to build that half decent team.

As you can see, it's horrible having Mandaric here. :biggrin: