Lewis Buxton

pointless having a wide pitch, two wingers, and two centre midfielders who like having the ball if purse and beever sned it 60 yards every tuime.

agree with the comment about a confidence thing, the players from last year didnt want it to feet, the new players all wanted it.

Could see coke and Morrison going off at half time giving the back four a right mouthful about not looking up and playing the simple ball.

hmm . . . .i think he disagree's with somthing?!?

To be honest mate its just the constant slating that certain players take...

Buxton was getting slagged before he even went out on the pitch at hallam during pre season.

He played one obviously bad pass first half and there were people slating him and saying he should be subbed.

I'm by no means saying he's a brilliant right back, but at this level he's more than adequate.

Guest AJ*SWFC

Most annoying part of the game today was the way we just played to not concede in the second half. I think we had about 4% possession in the second half. Defending was nervy but did the job. Distribution isn't Purse's strong point but he's there to win the ball and get rid. Buxton and Spurr however need to learn to distribute a bit better. Spurr doesn't like playing it short and played some daft long ball today when it was easier to pass to the guy in space 15 yards away. Buxton seemed to lack concentration to me, his passing can be quite good, but then he just randomly passes to an opposition player stood about 10 yards from any of our lot.

As Irvine said, there is still a hell of a lot to work on but we have 3 points from a game we didn't play too well in and a bit more time to work on those problems.

Teams who win when they play badly tend to end up at the top end of the table....

To be honest mate its just the constant slating that certain players take...

Buxton was getting slagged before he even went out on the pitch at hallam during pre season.

He played one obviously bad pass first half and there were people slating him and saying he should be subbed.

I'm by no means saying he's a brilliant right back, but at this level he's more than adequate.

people have different views about all the players, admitted buxton takes a lot of flak, and by no means were any of them 100% solid. i think he needs to brush up on getting rid of the ball, can't really fault his tackling. but what good is that if you can't make a positive pass after.

like i said, a clean sheet is mission acomplished! end of!