SHOOT

Guest StevieSplash

Guest StevieSplash

You can't win matches if you don't shoot. Middlesbrough's goal was very fortunate but it shows that if you're prepared to shoot at goal anything can happen.

At times today we appeared to be defending a 1-0 deficite.

Guest Sheff Owl

Infuriating....yes....even more Infuriating...

Is when there is a huge gap towards the goal, instead of running into it and getting near goal, we decide to pass it to a man who is marked by two people on the wing.

Guest totemowl

JUST flippingSHOOT FOR flip SAKE

Match stats:

Middlesboro first

Goal Attempts 17 18

On Target 9 8

Corners 7 4

Fouls 11 11

Yellow Cards 1 0

Red Cards 0 0

% 50 50

The belief that we don't shoot is false. Most teams would be very happy with these stats.

Edited by totemowl

Guest Sheff Owl

Shooting in warm up is just a complete shambles, we either miss the target or it's a tame shot at the net, there seems no importance of getting it in the net.

For me it's just not good enough, they should get it on target EVERY flipping TIME, in the warm up.

Guest Sheff Owl

Its often a case of making bad decisions. When a shot is on the choice is to pass but when there is a pass on, they choose to shoot,

And when a player is marked they pass it too him and box themselfs in.

Match stats:

Middlesboro first

Goal Attempts 17 18

On Target 9 8

Corners 7 4

Fouls 11 11

Yellow Cards 1 0

Red Cards 0 0

% 50 50

The belief that we don't shoot is false. Most teams would be very happy with these stats.

FFS

I take it you didn't go today. The amount of times they should have shot first time instead of taking a touch or passing it was quite a few

EDIT: By the way, the number of teams that would be jealous of the stat 0 goals is none

Edited by RockieOwl

Guest totemowl

FFS

I take it you didn't go today. The amount of times they should have shot first time instead of taking a touch or passing it was quite a few

EDIT: By the way, the number of teams that would be jealous of the stat 0 goals is none

I meant the shots and shots on target. But I suspect our goals to shots ratio is the worst in the div.

No I didn't go today. I've seen previous games where we passed rather than shot. I think Ipswich at home was one.

Guest StevieSplash

Match stats:

Middlesboro first

Goal Attempts 17 18

On Target 9 8

Corners 7 4

Fouls 11 11

Yellow Cards 1 0

Red Cards 0 0

% 50 50

These stats if true really suprise me, it certainly didn't seem like we had 18 goal attempts and even more so that 8 were on target.

IMO after the first few minutes you could sense that Middlesbrough were there for the taking but as per usual our players turn to jelly in the final third and either pass sideways/backwards and avoid the box like the plague.

Edited by StevieSplash

These stats if true really suprise me, it certainly didn't seem like we had 18 goal attempts and even more so that 8 were on target.

IMO after the first few minutes you could sense that Middlesbrough were there for the taking but as per usual our players turn to jelly in the final third and either pass sideways/backwards and avoid the box like the plague.

That's down to relegation zone nerves.

There were plenty of occasions yesterday when the crowd were on the backs of players for passing sideways/backwards but we were keeping possession. As soon as an attempted forward pass or shot was made the same fans were screaming "that's feckin' rubbish".

Guest Sheff Owl

The shots are even poo poo when we do the warm up, they just seem to go through the motions, yet the coaching staff seem happy to let them just carry on giving tame shots.