Making, and taking chances

We need to start doing this. So which team dyou think will get us the most goals from now until the season end?

I'd play-

Nolan.........Purse........Beevers.......Spurr

Johnson........Miller........Potter.........Soares

....................Tudgay.........Varney

Guest oliver666

Tudgay hahahah - after today I'd not consider him.

Same applies to both Potter and Soares. How the f**k do these pair get in the starting 11. Come back soon JJ so we don't have to put with at least one of these lobbers. Patience is wearing a bit thin Mr Irvine. Please don't go down the same road as Mr laws or we are well and truely f**ked.

Same applies to both Potter and Soares. How the f**k do these pair get in the starting 11. Come back soon JJ so we don't have to put with at least one of these lobbers. Patience is wearing a bit thin Mr Irvine. Please don't go down the same road as Mr laws or we are well and truely f**ked.

People expect too much from Potter, he can't play the role of a holding, creative, and attacking centre mid all at once. How often do you see him put a pass astray? Soares? Was our biggest threat first half. Good running with the ball (gives the ball away far less often than jj or ee), can give and go, decent shot. I see the merits of having both JOC (battling, willingness to run and fight for a cause) and leon (usually holds the ball up well, powerful) in the team, but I think we need pace and finishing ability if we are to score enough goals to stay up.

We need to start doing this. So which team dyou think will get us the most goals from now until the season end?

I'd play-

Nolan.........Purse........Beevers.......Spurr

Johnson........Miller........Potter.........Soares

....................Tudgay.........Varney

:laugh:

If we're just talking goals and creating something, I'd put this team out

Grant

Nolan

Beevers

Purse

Spurr

Tudgay

Miller

Soares

Esajas

JJ

Jeffers

Well yeah, but you need some people to win the ball back otherwise you don't start any attacks. You also need people you don't go missing in games. Main culprits for that are- Esajas, Jeffers, Miller, Soares, JJ. The last three (with a good kick up the arse) can stay interested enough for long enough periods to warrant starts. Never want to see Franny or Etienne in the team again though tbh.

Guest oliver666

Well yeah, but you need some people to win the ball back otherwise you don't start any attacks. You also need people you don't go missing in games. Main culprits for that are- Esajas, Jeffers, Miller, Soares, JJ. The last three (with a good kick up the arse) can stay interested enough for long enough periods to warrant starts. Never want to see Franny or Etienne in the team again though tbh.

Include Soares and Potter. These two on a regular basis go missing. If it ain't going Potters way he might as well not be on the pitch. We have only one player in this team which on occasions gets you out of your seat and he is injured at the moment.There is no inventiveness coming out of midfield and unfortunately, no goals in them either. We have no natural goalscorer and no ball winner in midfield. Poor state of affairs.

What impact do you expect someone to make with little over 9 minutes left in a match ?

People expect too much from Potter, he can't play the role of a holding, creative, and attacking centre mid all at once. How often do you see him put a pass astray? Soares? Was our biggest threat first half. Good running with the ball (gives the ball away far less often than jj or ee), can give and go, decent shot. I see the merits of having both JOC (battling, willingness to run and fight for a cause) and leon (usually holds the ball up well, powerful) in the team, but I think we need pace and finishing ability if we are to score enough goals to stay up.

There was a period of about 5 minutes in the first half when I saw him give the ball away three times in quick succession just in front of the dugout - and judging by the groans and cries of "Potter you knobhead" from those around me on the kop I wasn't hallucinating.

Edited by chirpyowl

Guest Ameezy

Whilst we shouldn't be expecting miracles from Potter, we should be expecting him to get the basics of his perceived role right - i.e. movement into space, correctly weighted passing, distribution forwards (rather than sideways) and the odd through ball.

In his favour, I will say that his job is made so much harder by the headless chicken that is JOC. JOC's job is to make space for Potter and to break down attacks before they happen and lay off the ball to Potter and/or the wide men. This is something he fails to do on a regular basis.

That said, it is no excuse for Potter to be playing as bad as he has been.

Another worry of mine is that quite often there's a breakdown in attack from a ball being played into the six yard box and the ball ends up around the D.

Who's the last man you want to have the ball there cos he can't/won't shoot for toffee? JOC.

Who's ALWAYS there to pick up the ball? JOC.

And what does he do with it? Either lose it or play it in away that the attack has to be completely re-built.

Something has to change in the middle of the park.

Soares and Miller would, for me, both be better value in the middle rather than as makeshift wide men as they presently are.

Edited by Ameezy