season ticket on creditcard

just a word of warning for people planning on gettin a swfc mastercard to get your season ticket it is not interest free found this out today

story starts in dec when amy went to owls store to get my s/t for next season and was told it was interest free for 6 months on a card so she took a card out and got my s/t after payin abit off she got a statement that has got interest on it so we rang the card up and they say we just have to pay the interest

as its never been interest free and to take it up with owls store

we spoke to the owls store and it sounds like people have been buyin s/t on these cards thinkin it is interest free when it isnt but when i mentioned all amy did was come into the store and someone there said get the card its interest free etc etc and said person then put the order throught online for her in store so my arguement is that we were sold the ticket on the basis it been interest free and that we shouldnt have to pay it but seems we will

rant over hope this saves someone from gettin caught out like we have

just had phone call from owls store turns out that it is a fault with the card company that if your card was done at the store they dont recogonise it as qualifying for interst free but they are sorting them out so my thanks go out to sue at the owls store for her help in sorting this out

Guest Ripley Owl

just a word of warning for people planning on gettin a swfc mastercard to get your season ticket it is not interest free found this out today

story starts in dec when amy went to owls store to get my s/t for next season and was told it was interest free for 6 months on a card so she took a card out and got my s/t after payin abit off she got a statement that has got interest on it so we rang the card up and they say we just have to pay the interest

as its never been interest free and to take it up with owls store

we spoke to the owls store and it sounds like people have been buyin s/t on these cards thinkin it is interest free when it isnt but when i mentioned all amy did was come into the store and someone there said get the card its interest free etc etc and said person then put the order throught online for her in store so my arguement is that we were sold the ticket on the basis it been interest free and that we shouldnt have to pay it but seems we will

rant over hope this saves someone from gettin caught out like we have

My mate has just bought the season ticket on his Owls Mastercard , apparentley you have mention the interest free offer when you are paying !

The card isn't interest free, but if you have a zero balance on the card and buy a season ticket, the season ticket part is interest free for 6 months.

It's all in the Terms and Conditions when you get it.

Who the flip has one of those these days. In fact, I can go one better. I have a minus balance on mine :biggrin:

Edited by marshy

Guest thetruthisoutthere

The card isn't interest free, but if you have a zero balance on the card and buy a season ticket, the season ticket part is interest free for 6 months.

It's all in the Terms and Conditions when you get it.

Also if you get a season ticket then make a purchase it all stops being interest free.

Ah the old small print wins again