Goalkeeper Confidence.............

17 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

I'm not totally sure. How i understand it is that Westwood was " injured" or classed as injured before the game. Maybe he  did take a knock and was therefore taken off. I agree about the quality if keepers and yes Wildsmith is a few levels ahead if Dawson despite minimal game time. However, i would have liked to see a more able and experienced keeper to push Westwood, instead we have Kean, who doesn't seem to remotely be in Carlos' plans wity regard to the first team.

Totally agree with this.

However, was there anyone better than Kean prepared to come in knowing Westwood was number 1? And also, would Carlos be concerned that brining in a GK ahead of Wildsmith would hamper his progress?

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

excuse me for being a bit slow but what have you explained in relation to my post ...... i cant see anythng about loaning a keeper and the rest of it just seems to be something you have an opinion on .....

No problem with you being slow lol. All i was saying is that Carlos intimated that Westwood had picked up the back injury before the game started. He was saying before the game and has done on many occasions that he only wants players who are 100% fit for match days, otherwise you get more injury problems down the line. That's his words. So if Westwood wasn't 100% fit before the game, what was he doing starting him unstead if Dawson. The conclusion i come to is that he hasn't total confidence in Dawson. Its just my opinion and that's my explanation.

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

You might as well write for the Sun, just make it up as you go along.

No i don't, i give coherent answers, but you're looking for a ruck like many do on these sites and so simply won't or can't accept my explanations. I make nothing up, ive no need to, its just a daft football website lol.

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Totally agree with this.

However, was there anyone better than Kean prepared to come in knowing Westwood was number 1? And also, would Carlos be concerned that brining in a GK ahead of Wildsmith would hamper his progress?

I might be wrong here, but i'm sure that Westwood came at the same time we had Kirkland here. So that didn't put off Westwood. Many keepers of some quality would come with the confidence to knock Westwood off his perch in my opinion. West wood isn't getting any younger and is injury prone or constantly carries niggles, something the match commentator said during the Huddersfield game. That Westwood himself said he wasn't properly fit until February of last year. 

7 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

No i don't, i give coherent answers, but you're looking for a ruck like many do on these sites and so simply won't or can't accept my explanations. I make nothing up, ive no need to, its just a daft football website lol.

No ruck intended, if many appear that they are looking for a ruck with you.  It could be that you're premises are so far off the mark that they annoy people.  

8 minutes ago, Holmes said:

No ruck intended, if many appear that they are looking for a ruck with you.  It could be that you're premises are so far off the mark that they annoy people.  

You would deny it anyway lol. I mean't in general, there are those people that will deliberately or willfully misconstrue what you've said or are trying to explain, because this site and others like it give them an opportunity to vent their fustrations. On the whole i find this site fairly pleasant and my posts in the main are well respected and even liked. If you have differing opinions on an emotive subject like football, then you will " annoy " people to a degree. Personally speaking, i just enjoy the debates and putting out opinions, i don't get annoyed by it. There are far more important things to get annoyed at. Football is just a past time and this site is a bit of fun. I'll not write anymore, otherwise i'll have to start another paragraph lol.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

1 minute ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You would deny it anyway lol. I mean't in general, there are those people that will deliberately or willfully misconstrue what you've said or are trying to explain, because this site and others like it give them an opportunity to vent their fustrations. On the whole i find this site fairly pleasant and my posts in the main are well respected and even liked. If you have differing opinions on an emotive subject like football, the you will " annoy " people to a degree. Personally speaking, i just enjoy the debates and putting out opinions, i don't get annoyed by it. There are far more important things to get annoyed at. Football is just a past time and this site is a bit of fun. I'll not write anymore, otherwise i'll have to start another paragraph lol.

Hopefully you will honour your last sentence.

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Totally agree with this.

I might be wrong here, but i'm sure that Westwood came at the same time we had Kirkland here. So that didn't put off Westwood. Many keepers of some quality would come with the confidence to knock Westwood off his perch in my opinion. West wood isn't getting any younger and is injury prone or constantly carries niggles, something the match commentator said during the Huddersfield game. That Westwood himself said he wasn't properly fit until February of last year. 

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Hopefully you will honour your last sentence.

I mean't on that post, not on this topic. I'll always say what i think and i enjoy discussions. You just don't like my opinion and that's fair enough, but i think you're argumenative and can't stand anyone who doesn't share your view point. Ps i hope you will be doing your job of policing the site's grammar on every thread you read lol. Because you'll be doing a lot of correcting. Should we call you " Sir " lol.

2 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

I mean't on that post, not on this topic. I'll always say what i think and i enjoy discussions. You just don't like my opinion and that's fair enough, but i think you're argumenative and can't stand anyone who doesn't share your view point. Ps i hope you will be doing your job of policing the site's grammar on every thread you read lol. Because you'll be doing a lot of correcting. Should we call you " Sir " lol.

I don't dislike your opinion its to silly to dislike and to correct you, I'm quite happy for people to disagree with my points of view.

I've had some cracking debates and have indeed learnt a fair bit from reading other peoples views and also had some of my arguments destroyed.  Just not from any of your views.                

But keep plugging away you may come up with a coherent argument in time.

22 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I don't dislike your opinion its to silly to dislike and to correct you, I'm quite happy for people to disagree with my points of view.

I've had some cracking debates and have indeed learnt a fair bit from reading other peoples views and also had some of my arguments destroyed.  Just not from any of your views.                

But keep plugging away you may come up with a coherent argument in time.

My arguments are coherent, you just don't agree with them, which as i say is fair enough. I'm sure in time we will agree on things and continue to disagree on all sorts of issues. Its the lifeblood of the site. You always learn something from someone, even if you disagree. A bit of jousting and strong humour i don't mind, but ( and this isn't aimed at you ) sometimes people do go overboard and get abusive which is something i steer clear of totally. Some of the facebook sites are like that. They can descend into absolute chaos and vile behaviour. Keep plugging away indeed, eventually you'll sharpen up your points of contention lol.

7 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

My arguments are coherent, you just don't agree with them, which as i say is fair enough. I'm sure in time we will agree on things and continue to disagree on all sorts of issues. Its the lifeblood of the site. You always learn something from someone, even if you disagree. A bit of jousting and strong humour i don't mind, but ( and this isn't aimed at you ) sometimes people do go overboard and get abusive which is something i steer clear of totally. Some of the facebook sites are like that. They can descend into absolute chaos and vile behaviour. Keep plugging away indeed, eventually you'll sharpen up your points of contention lol.

My blunt points of contention more than suffice for your views.  I'll save the sharpened ones for the more constructive posters. 

1 hour ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Not sure Kirkland and Westwood are of the same standard - and I liked Kirkland. Westwood was always going to be number one.

Who would you have brought in to compete for the number one jersey out of interest?

40 minutes ago, Holmes said:

My blunt points of contention more than suffice for your views.  I'll save the sharpened ones for the more constructive posters. 

You sound like a plain old bitter and twisted poster. You even brought up " grammar " in one of your posts. You clearly have issues with anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. As i say, its just opinions, but something else outside of this site is bugging you fella lol. In all honesty you sound a bit of a tool. Anyone who continually answers as you do with no humour and a refusal to even meet half way, clearly has an agenda. What a sad man you are lol.

41 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not sure Kirkland and Westwood are of the same standard - and I liked Kirkland. Westwood was always going to be number one.

Who would you have brought in to compete for the number one jersey out of interest?

In all honesty its pointless to mention names, because for one we don't know keepers well enough outside of the premier league and secondly, we don't know the details of their contracts, possible transfer values or wages demands. That's me being honest. All i would say is that i think that Westwood should be pushed by a more experienced keeper than either Wildsmith or Dawson. Kean doesn't seem to figure in Carlos' plans at all.

1 hour ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You sound like a plain old bitter and twisted poster. You even brought up " grammar " in one of your posts. You clearly have issues with anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. As i say, its just opinions, but something else outside of this site is bugging you fella lol. In all honesty you sound a bit of a tool. Anyone who continually answers as you do with no humour and a refusal to even meet half way, clearly has an agenda. What a sad man you are lol.

Oh dear resorting to abuse and again making things up as you go along.  

Well, it's being fun glad you saw the funny side of it….. Oh you didn't lol.

15 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Oh dear resorting to abuse and again making things up as you go along.  

Well, it's being fun glad you saw the funny side of it….. Oh you didn't lol.

Ahh, the classic " i was being humerous, pity you couldn't detect it line ". Errr no, i got under your skin for some reason, perhaps my style of writing, who know's, but you certainly weren't being humerous in your answers, that's for sure. " making it up as you go along ", is code for " you don't share my view point ". I'm not making " you sound a tool up ", because you do and a sanctamonious one at that lol.

1 minute ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Ahh, the classic " i was being humerous, pity you couldn't detect it line ". Errr no, i got under your skin for some reason, perhaps my style of writing, who know's, but you certainly weren't being humerous in your answers, that's for sure. " making it up as you go along ", is code for " you don't share my view point ". I'm not making " you sound a tool up ", because you do and a sanctamonious one at that lol.

Constantly making things up as you go along.  Give it a rest.

Lets call it a draw and leave it at that. I'm sure were boring everyone else.  We will cross sword and blunt instrument on other threads no doubt.

Impressed with the use of sanctimonious, keep learning you'll get there.

28 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Constantly making things up as you go along.  Give it a rest.

Lets call it a draw and leave it at that. I'm sure were boring everyone else.  We will cross sword and blunt instrument on other threads no doubt.

Impressed with the use of sanctimonious, keep learning you'll get there.

I doubt people are interested in what we have to say to each other. No doubt we will cross swords again if you continue to act in a smug and self righteous manner. I'd like to see how you react to many posts on here where people are definitely two sandwiches short of a picnic where it comes to opinions on Wednesday. By comparison, mine are mild in the extreme. Yeah, call it a draw, though next time, we might go to penalties !!