Poll: Man of the Match vs Cardiff City...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Cardiff City  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Cardiff City?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Hutchinson
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Jones
    • Abdi
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Wallace
    • Dawson
    • Forestieri
    • Buckley

I've gone with Reach, based on 1) radio, 2) extended highlights and 3) texts from a Cardiff fan at the game. I've enjoyed watching him play so far but yesterday was the first time I was struck by his work rate too. He was a real creative pulse and it didn't look/sound like his head went down for a second when we conceded, which I liked.

Hooper a close second for busywork at both ends, and props to Dawson, Jones, Pudil, Hutch and Palmer for good showings too. A real team effort - great to see.

Credit to Abdi for seemingly taking the sub on the chin too, seemed like he might well have got a bit of a longer run had it not been for the combo of iffy goal deficit and Westwood injury. Really hope he gets a proper chance soon.

Edited by Mr. Tom

A few thoughts after watching the full game on player...

Warnock showed us a fair bit of respect with how he set up. They were generally very deep, very compact and defensive minded. We controlled most of the game with good possession and managed to probe and fashion out a few half decent chances,without really testing their keeper too much.

MOM - Jones for me. Very disciplined when he needed to be and used the ball extremely well throughout. He controlled large periods of the game for us. Looking more and more like a good replacement for Lopez.

A few others deserve a mention.

Reach was good. Our main creative source. Played more central and much higher up the pitch. Genuinely think he's going to be something special. 

Hooper had a half decent game leading the line. Didn't offer much in terms of threat and faded late on, but did some good work with his back to goal. Had much more of the ball than he normally does. He's generally always tidy when he does get it at his feet. 

Forestieri looked lively when he came on. We looked a little more dangerous. Would have liked to have seen him play a little further forward as his movement could have caused a few more problems for their resolute defence.

I though Palmer was our poorest player tbh. Very sloppy on the ball and Hoilett made him look silly a couple of times.