The Nuhiu effect

19 hours ago, RichieB said:

This in a nutshell. Nuhiu can pass it 2 yards in the middle of the pitch to a Wednesday player and there will be people on here saying how good it was and how he changed the game with it. 

I've never ever ever seen us have a player do so little to get so big praise. 

Barry Bannan?

23 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

His shooting accuracy is less than our other strikers. This year he has hit the target on 30% of occasions.  Last season 36% of the time. Managing to be at 40% for such a prolonged period is a remarkable stat for a forward. Hooper was on 56% last season and 78% this season. Forestieri is on 50% and was on 52% last season.

He has scored 3 goals in his last 51 appearances.  11 goals in his last 93 appearances.  WOW!

"But that's not what he is on the pitch for I hear you say.  He wins his headers and holds the ball up"!  DOES HE?????

He gives our ball away more than our other strikers - a passing accuracy of just 58%!  Fletcher 66%, Hooper 88%, Forestieri 78%.

He wins less one on one battles than our other strikers. He wins 47% of his one on one duels.  Hooper is on 55%.  Fletcher is on 50%.  Forestieri is on 57%.

He is slow.  He can't move. His finishing is awful. He is rubbish in the air. He gives the ball away with ridiculous ease.  He never scores.

But - he tries hard.

I still love him

I have supported him in the past and no one can't say he doesn't try but I think it's getting to the stage now where he's just put on the pitch to be a nuisance and unsettle opposition defenders which he did actually do on Saturday but his confidence is shot in front of goal and somewhere along the line, this either returns or he'll have to be moved on because we have to progress even when it comes to substitute players which Nuhiu obviously now is.