PENALTY

I think some folks on here have got the wrong end of the stick regarding what happened. A dive is when a player tries to cheat to extract a decision from the ref in his favour when there is NO contact. Whether Maguire dived or not, Lynch made contact with the player and not the ball. Result. Foul. Simple

We have a winner.

Defender didn't get close to the ball. He made contact with maguire. Maguire did a bit of a dying swan and knew it was coming. Should have been a penalty.

The ref today was conned by Huddersfield. May getting a booking for a totting up of 'fouls' was a particular highlight. For a start, totting up isn't actually a thing. It's either worth a card or not. The one he was booked for was innocuous. The ref justified it by saying it wasn't the first time. How many fouls can you commit before you get booked?

Persistent infringement of the laws of the game is a bookable offence.

I've changed my mind over the penalty a couple of time now. Def a pen watching live, def a dive on first replay, then replay from behind looks like he catches the leg furthest from him, which makes it look like the close leg took a dive. Penalty