Reality Check Pt. 2

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We weren't just any old playoff winner, though. We were a team which averaged more than two points per game last season - that's a pretty elite group of only 10 teams in the past dozen seasons.

Ipswich are doing better than any previous promoted team of a similar calibre has managed, but if we go straight back down, we'll be the first 93+ pointer to do so.

Fair point. 👍

As a club that was relegated due to a points deduction rather than not having a good enough team, we really ought to have had enough to bounce straight back. Having failed at that, and considering the experience that remained in the squad throughout our time in League One combined with our relative scale (more income from bigger attendances...etc.), we really ought to have been able to outspend our competitors, and improve season on season. Without wishing to be all entitled as a once-great club supporter, I think most football fans would agree that Sheffield Wednesday "should" be an established Championship club and very capable of avoiding yet another drop into the third tier. One man is obviously responsible for successive failures.

But all that aside, I was really just saying that Ipswich's season is not a sensible yard-stick. 

Yesterday was unacceptable to many. I get that and my attitude towards the posters who were stating this was perhaps unacceptable too so I apologise for that.

I was going to stay away but I’m as addicted to this sight as I am a can of Monster so it was never going to happen.

FWIW I still think we can do this and obviously Saturday is key. I think we’ve come too far to throw in the towel now even though undoubtedly someone will be along in a minute to say we did yesterday.

My prediction is we finish above Plymouth and Huddersfield with us picking up 9 points from the last 6 games to finish on 48 🤞

After watching the game yesterday i can only write this with a WTF attitude. 

The chances we have had to score in the last two games .... when the pass is on we do not take it we seemed to accept it was a game to LOSE 

• Bannan clearly not fit but still playing I would rather have him for the games against Blackburn Stoke QPR these will define if we stay up 
  • The defense looked awful yesterday FFS play a back four away from home and GET WINDASS fit and for god sake FAMEWO is not a left back never will be and been our undoing all season long the BORO players even pointing on the pitch to each other and CARRICK saying it speaks VOLUMES.

The attitude to get back for the second goal was in my view unforgivable NO HEART and NO EFFORT we had 4 in the box attacking before the goal and we had a three on one when they countered how the hell does that happen did we have 8 in midfield. 

The effort of Jeff Hendrick when he came on was awful watch back the game he just stopped, Gassama and Musaba need to learn ONE think SQUARE the ball or cut it back instead of always looking to get a shot off.

GET the players fit or take some risks with fitness before OUR FATE is sealed i do think wee have the players to stay up 

Beadle GK     

Bernard CB         

Ihiekwe CB        

Johnson LWB Give James a go 

Valentin RWB

Bannan CM Sat infront of CB's

Poveda CML Attacking

Windass CMR Attacking or try you should have tried Shipston

Gassma LW

Musaba RW

Ugbo CF

Play a 4-1-4-1