Hello from Somerset

Hi there

Just wanted to introduce myself to all fellow Wednesday supporters.

Well it takes a promotion to stir someone into doing something and what a promotion we have just had.

I moved up to live in Chesterfield in 1965 and my dad being a football fan like me wanted to watch a top notch First Division club, there was no doubt in both our minds, we needed to go to Hillsborough. Luckily, our new next door  neighbours were ST holders at Hillsborough, so there it was.

I regularly stood on the Kop and Dad went into the stands and the glorious year of 1966 came around but not having Season Tickets and unable to get 'kosher' tickets we all travelled to Wembley, where we bought 'tout ' tickets. Great we thought, until we realised we were to take our places.............in the Everton end !!

We all know what happened and joy turned to horror as a 2-0 lead evaporated into a 2-3 defeat !

Worse was to happen as we returned up the M1. When we got home ( long before mobile phones ) we learne my Grandad had passed away with a heart attack shortly after watching the match on BBC.

Fast forward and I returned to Bristol, from where we had moved and rekindled my love for the team I first watched at 8 years old - Bristol City. 

For the past 50 years I have followed the ups and downs of both clubs and when faced with a Robins v Owls match I have always prayed for a draw

I am a member of OTIB, the Bristol City Fans Forum and have been for years but after the incredible performances by the Owls in the Play- Offs and before I get too much older, I thought it time to become a proud member of Owlstalk especially as whenever I meet a fellow Wednesday supporter, like 2 years ago in Corfu where they generously gave me a Wednesday baseball cap ( which I do wear) we have something in common.

Well thats about it, I wish the Owls a good season next year, hopefully doing another fantastic feat and catching the Red and White lot from Bramall Lane and being promoted to the top flight with Bristol City

• Like 5
  • Love 3