Only in Canada

Mickjj

It was a brilliant night at the Iceteca. I had a great week in Edmonton, thanks for the hospitality. 

Four points taken from Mexico and top of the table rolling into the new year. What world am I living in? Makes you want to joyfully jump into a snowbank. 🙂

I think there's a good chance Corbeanu gets called in for January's window if he continues to play well. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Juneof86 said:

It was a brilliant night at the Iceteca. I had a great week in Edmonton, thanks for the hospitality. 

Four points taken from Mexico and top of the table rolling into the new year. What world am I living in? Makes you want to joyfully jump into a snowbank. 🙂

I think there's a good chance Corbeanu gets called in for January's window if he continues to play well. 

Has he been part of the national set up before?

Pretty much a closed shop so I wouldn't expect him in

2 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Has he been part of the national set up before?

Pretty much a closed shop so I wouldn't expect him in

He played in the first three qualifiers (against some very poor opposition) and made three sub appearances at the Gold Cup. He was in the squad for the playoff against Haiti but hasn’t been in the squad for the final round of qualifying. Of course, he also hadn’t been playing until very recently.

I think he’s right on the fringe of a 23-man squad as things stand, but January is a three-match window and the last three-match window featured a 27-man squad. In addition, the MLS players will be out of season, so someone like Jacob Shaffelburg (who was in good form for his MLS club and was a bit of a surprise call-up during the October window) is pretty unlikely to be used in January having had two months without a match. If Corbeanu keeps earning starts and we have a squad of 27 in January I think he’ll get called in. Now, I don’t really expect him to see the pitch, but we’ll see how the matches go and how healthy everyone is.

• Like 1