Why haven't Sheffield Wednesday announced new contracts for Fletcher, Fox etc?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think he’d be great for a West Brom, Leeds, Burnley etc...Similar to the older Glenn Murray at Brighton.

Fletcher is pure class. A level above our lads.

I also think the lack of midweek games will suit him perfectly. We have been over-reliant on him so have started him Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday until he breaks. A Prem club won’t need to use him so intensively.

We are equally in problem this season too 9 games in probably 30 days, there is not a chance that Fletcher will be able to play every game and we saw just how useless the team was without him playing. Though a lot of that might have been down to the team and the formation being picked by Monk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

For me it’s Best to take the ‘assume you’ve got the virus’ approach, assume we will be in league 1 and plan accordingly.

Eh ? You wanna sign league one players and potentially still be in the championship ?    Smashing idea that 

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Eh ? You wanna sign league one players and potentially still be in the championship ?    Smashing idea that 

Not sure that's what was meant by the post you replied to. 

In the context of the thread it just seems like he is saying plan accordingly at this stage by not offering high level Championship wages to players before we know which division we will be in for sure.

He never said sign League One players, the next season won't start in August and we will know before then if we are still a Championship club, as we should be, and will then be able to sign players accordingly.