The immediate and long term future.

As unlikely as most would think it is, a play-off push is still possible between now and the end of the season so any chance of a complete overhaul now is slimmer than slim.

In the short term we need one or two new options up front as Fletcher is out for a while and could be out for the season? Getting in good options will have as we've already seen prove to be difficult. Winnall reminds me of Andy Booth, will run around a lot but provide very little threat in front of goal. Nuhiu is probably the way to go but has his limitations not least his lack of mobility to get around the pitch. If we don't play a front two, forget Rhodes. He's the most likely to move on in this window IMO albeit on Loan?

Apart from bringing in a defender that can play either right or left-back, I'm struggling where at the moment we can also strengthen.

Long term I do think we need to change things around, perhaps even go for a complete change of approach? I think we have the base of a decent defence with Iorfa and Borner. I think we need a fresh approach from the full-back areas but whether we'll get this in the short to medium term remains to be seen?

The midfield is where I think we need to change things drastically. I would even think of moving Bannan on as much as I rate him as a player. The reasoning behind this is a lot of our play goes through him and this may be as big a reason as any as why we've become very stale in our play. As I've said before I would look to make Luongo central to our fresh approach but as good as he's been on the pitch, he hasn't been on it very often and he's now staring down the barrel of three more games out. Kieran Lee is a very talented player but there's understandably a big question mark over him after such a long time out injured. I would go as far as saying it's probably the end of the road here for him and Hutchinson who also has served the club with distinction?

I would also seriously look at Reach. I've never in all honesty been his biggest fan and understandably I've copped critisicm for this view from the High Council of OT for having this view but he is whether you agree with this view or not, a big part of our problematic midfield conundrum and along with Bannan do we move him on to facilitate a fresh approach?

As for the forwards, there will be an opportunity come the summer for a totally new approach. Personally I'd keep Nuhiu for what he offers as a squad player as much as anything but I'd move the others on including Fletch as much as I think he's top class like Hooper we need to look at how many games we're going to get from him and like we did with a heavy heart with Hooper we have to move him on. Rhodes may still be here and if we got a durable target man in, I wouldn't be adverse to giving it one more go with him?

As for the manager, we have to stick with someone now. We've had too many changes in a short space of time and we now have Monk and we should probably give him a chance to build something. That said perhaps it's time we were fair with him and gave him the opportunity to bring in his own staff. Bullen, Thompson et al have been good servants to the club but perhaps like some of the players who've been here a while, it's time for them to go?

A big task ahead on so many levels and one with no guarantees that we'll get the solutions we think we need or want?

Yeah some of the most important things that need to happen now are that Monk is able to sign a couple of players this window and also that he can bring his own staff in. Really is unbelievable he hasn’t been able to do that already. Can’t think of many other managers that go to a club and can’t bring their own back room staff in. DC needs to realise this and let it happen. 

Edited by WalthamOwl