Player of the season , Defence , Midfield , Attack

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Conventional....do you think he plays so deep because he doesnt have the legs to play higher up alongside his partner?

I noticed his tackles became more irresponsible as the season wore on, and I guessed it was down to not being as mobile as he had been in the first half of the season when he was magnificent. It was almost as if he was thinking I have one chance at stopping this fella because Im not chasing him if he passes me.

Magnificent though he can be, as the season went on I think it showed imo why his appearances as a CM should be special circumstances only. Unless Carlos adopts a very different line up, where Hutch can sit in front of the defence without detrement to our overall midfield, I hope he plays mainly CB next season. Though even then Loovens and Lees are excellent so another quandray.

best centre back in the club without a shadow of a doubt , that's where I would play him ........and yes I do think his injuries stop him from getting up and down the pitch which is probably the reason he doesn't play in what some have said is his best position of right back .