Chris Wood

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Another good player missed out on where we could say "if the takeover had gone through"...

Unfortunately thats the nature of the takeover situation

There is little chance we could have bought him without a takeover having happened. I cant see how we would have done much more in the transfer window this time round than we already have done, without any chance of a takeover

I do wonder... If we'll get him. Think Mandy needs to have a word with Pearson. If LCFC get mcGoldrick in today or another forward, then I'm sure Wood will move.

However, despite their apparent interest the thing about Palace is that they are likely bottom 3 fodder despite Colin being there...The Prem is a different beast to Championship so there's no guaranteeing he'll keep them up this season. Pulis leaving... Alarm bells as Pulis is no mug, so wonder what clout they want to dish out on transfers, perms or loans?

If I were Wood I'd be getting a taxi to Hillsborough right about now. It makes sense for his career options. It's obviously going to be down to Wood himself... He might opt for the wages though and that will be the crux I should imagine.

Go me fingers crossed I have.

Failing that I can see us getting a player from Europe in by 23:00hrs on loan. Busy day.

I do wonder... If we'll get him. Think Mandy needs to have a word with Pearson. If LCFC get mcGoldrick in today or another forward, then I'm sure Wood will move.

However, despite their apparent interest the thing about Palace is that they are likely bottom 3 fodder despite Colin being there...The Prem is a different beast to Championship so there's no guaranteeing he'll keep them up this season. Pulis leaving... Alarm bells as Pulis is no mug, so wonder what clout they want to dish out on transfers, perms or loans?

If I were Wood I'd be getting a taxi to Hillsborough right about now. It makes sense for his career options. It's obviously going to be down to Wood himself... He might opt for the wages though and that will be the crux I should imagine.

Go me fingers crossed I have.

Failing that I can see us getting a player from Europe in by 23:00hrs on loan. Busy day.

Out of interest, would you trade Wood for Nuhiu, with a cash adjustment in our favour of course?

Out of interest, would you trade Wood for Nuhiu, with a cash adjustment in our favour of course?

Oooof, good question. Given my current leanings towards now rating Nuhui (I were never convinced when we got him but admittedly the potential championed by a few last year may be starting to come through based on his start ths year... Plus I think he compliments Stevie May well in terms f style and positioning etc. so they'd seem a natural pairing out of available forwards we have currently) that would be tough and harsh on Nuhui. So instinct says No. That kind of dilemma is where managers and DoFs really do prove their mettle. Wouldn't want to call it.

Reckon loaning out young Madine seems best solution as some have mentioned perhaps?