Player ratings vs newc

Better team first half, created the better chances. Second half was more subdued but we didn't deserve to lose. Good workout for the players, plenty of positives to take.

Apart from picking the ball out of the net, Kirkland had a quiet night. Back 4 were solid for the most part, unsure on Kelhar whether he deserves a contract. Middle 4 I thought played well, Maghoma especially. Was really impressed with him along with Hutch, unlucky to hit the bar. Antonio looked fired up when he came on but was greedy at times. Nuhiu put in a decent shift. Wasn't that impressed with Madine, even though he forced Elliot into a top save. (Wouldn't have counted anyway) Sub Betra missed a sitter.

Spot on .... apart from Kelhar ... i like his awareness and communication.. always telling back line to move out - also what pace he has ...I think he his better than anything we have and could be a great signing .. he reminds me a lot of ivanovic at chelsea  !!

Obviously shape was lost with all changes in second half at times but all positive from first half - can't wait to see how they perform under first game as some players raise the bar (and some disappear) lol

First half i thought we looked a good unit , kept the ball well and created chances , Kelhar and Loovens seemed to work well and palmer and Mattock were steady

hutch was the standout player for me alongside Maghoma who i thought looked strong and Nuhiu who worked hard as usual but needs to work on his finishing , Maguire and Madine didn't really get into the game

Blatantly we lack any strength in depth and the second half was lost to all the changes

Yeah if that was Kelhar then he did seem pretty decent alongside Loovens. Having Hutch and then Loovens in that central area did give me some confidence as they were both strong. Didn't have that "oh poo poo Llera is gonna have to deal with this" panic i used to get when teams attacked.

poo poo ? seriously you can't use the S word?