Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

It's funny how some of our best performances this season came when we played the outdated 4-4-2.

We have to be versatile and be able to play several systems.

4-4-2 still has its uses especially at home. Shame some of our fans can't see this.

4-4-2 is still useful, but a lot of our fans think it's the only way to play and if we have 5 in the middle we're setting up to defend. 

Guest CageFightingOwl

SG is very flexible with his formations, which is good to see.

I do like a 4-4-2 at home, we at times didnt have the players to play it well.

Away from home i like the 4-2-3-1.

Perfect for playing on the break and with the pace in our side should be the way forward especially away.

Id like to see this being employed over pre season, home 4-4-2, away 4-2-3-1.

That way players get used to it.

I thought at times under SG he recognised things on a Saturday then spent the week putting it to the players in training then tried it the next game.

Sometimes the players looked confused.

Now hes got all summer, we might be very surprised come August.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Bolton are set to offer a contract to Birmingham winger Chris Burke, who is likely to be a free agent this summer.

Good player, good signing for any champ club.

Sad thing is, we wont be anywhere near players like this.

Top 10 signing.

Im pretty sure we will still be making bottom 6 signings.

Guest Sheff Owl

Good player, good signing for any champ club.

Sad thing is, we wont be anywhere near players like this.

Top 10 signing.

Im pretty sure we will still be making bottom 6 signings.

Agreed.

We won't be able to offer players like Fryatt, Dyer, Burke, Gardner what other clubs can and all them players will be in high demand.

This is why we have to be clever about what we do but unless a player is heard of or been on loan before people will always say no.

I think some people will be in for a shock as to who we sign.

Leon Best will be one on loan for the season.

Guest CageFightingOwl

I'd rather have Dyer than Burke.

Both players are a million miles away from us.

I think Wednesdayites need to come back down to earth.

Oue free agent winger last season was from League 2.

Guest wilyfox

Both players are a million miles away from us.

I think Wednesdayites need to come back down to earth.

Oue free agent winger last season was from League 2.

All freebies are fair game. We should be asking the questions even if we don't get. I'd rather be turned down by the players than not try in the first place.

Agreed.

We won't be able to offer players like Fryatt, Dyer, Burke, Gardner what other clubs can and all them players will be in high demand.

This is why we have to be clever about what we do but unless a player is heard of or been on loan before people will always say no.

I think some people will be in for a shock as to who we sign.

Leon Best will be one on loan for the season.

I think we'll struggle to get any established players on a season long loan. Clubs will have taken notice that a loan spell with us can increase a players value. So I think it would be 6 month, unless there's a recall clause in case of permenant bids

Guest Sheff Owl

I think we'll struggle to get any established players on a season long loan. Clubs will have taken notice that a loan spell with us can increase a players value. So I think it would be 6 month, unless there's a recall clause in case of permenant bids

Yep good points.

It will certainly be interesting as Gray and Mandaric say we want to have a smaller squad with quality players added and look to season long loans.

I still think Best will be back, I'm sure if Blackburn could get rid they will.

Yep good points.

It will certainly be interesting as Gray and Mandaric say we want to have a smaller squad with quality players added and look to season long loans.

I still think Best will be back, I'm sure if Blackburn could get rid they will.

Best is on good money at blackburn , he won't get anywhere near that wether here or anywhere else so think they will have issues moving him on

Guest Sheff Owl

Best is on good money at blackburn , he won't get anywhere near that wether here or anywhere else so think they will have issues moving him on

As i said in another thread..

I'm mixed on it really.

I think just like Lita he did a job for us and maybe we should move on BUT i'm also not seeing any outstanding other candidates out there.

Added to that Blackburn knowing how well he did will probably say you want him we want more money towards his wages, which is apparently 35k a week.

If Bolton are in for Burke I'd like to think we are too, Bolton have about as much money as us.

Bolton will still be getting parachute payments and also their huge debt isn't to the extent people think. Yes it's there but it's not a matter of urgency. Ideally they wouldn't want the debt but its not a bank loan so they will have more control over it. They have also just released a few extremely high earners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25711189

Guest Sheff Owl

Probably should have shoved this in here really...

Rumours are that Scott Hogan of Rochdale is going to Wolves.

An up and coming player who is supposed to be highly rated is the correct way to go about things, some work and some don't.

I don't think it would be accepted here tho with some of our fans.